Chapter 55

Soon Iruka and Sasuke walked in carrying stacks of wood. Naruto smiled and said" I take it Sasuke didn't try anything funny?" Iruka smiled and said" No, he did all the work while I relaxed." Naruto laughed and said" Yeah, guess at your age you need a lot of that." Iruka glared at Naruto while Sasuke and Hinata laughed. Iruka sighed and said" Okay all jokes aside, we need to focus on the mission and how to capture this man." They all nodded and Sasuke put some wood in the fireplace and did a fire jutsu to get it going. He then sat down with them and Iruka spoke" So we know very little about this man, except that he has killed a lot. This is bad for us as we don't know what he's capable of. Which means we need to take extreme caution when we find him." Sasuke spoke up and said" Well it's weird that he's killed so many people and yet, nobody knows anything about him."

Iruka nodded and Hinata sat up and said" Well we can't fight on a empty stomach, so I'll start making dinner." They all nodded and Naruto spoke up and said" Well we have a few ways to test this guy when we see him, to see what he can do." Sasuke raised an eyebrow and asked" So the great Naruto will actually be patient in a battle." Naruto glared at Sasuke and said" Yes, I'm not as big a dope as you remember." Sasuke laughed and said" Well I don't know about that, but we still need to go with that plan." Naruto kept glaring and Iruka said" Yes, we need to go that route. Naruto, you can use your shadow clones and see what his basic skills has. Hinata can observe from a distance to feed us info on what he does." They all nodded and Hinata walked out and said" Okay stew just needs to boil on the fire for a few." She placed a big pot on the fire place and Iruka filled her in on the plan. She nodded in agreement with the plan.

Soon the pot started to boil and Hinata sat up and poured a few bowls and handed them out. They ate and Sasuke spoke up first and said" Thanks Hinata, that was great." Iruka then spoke and said" Yes Hinata, that was very delicious." Naruto made a face and grabbed Hinata by the waist and said" I loved it the most." He then kissed her, right in front of the other two. She felt somewhat embarrassed, but at the same time loved feeling Naruto being this aggressive. He soon broke the kiss and said" I love your cooking the best." She smiled and said" I know you do, thanks." She kissed his cheek while Iruka and Sasuke smiled. Iruka then said" Okay guys, let's get some sleep, we got a long day ahead of us." They all got ready for bed and Naruto patted his lap and said" Come on Hinata, this will be more comfortable." She smiled and walked over and laid on his stomach. Right before she fell asleep, she whispered" I love you Naruto."

   Naruto whispered back" I love you too Hinata." Soon they were all asleep and all of a sudden, Naruto heard a loud crash and the door break in. He shot up and saw a man get on the floor beat up. A man outside yelled"Damn it! What are these things?" Naruto looked at the man and knew these weren't nothing but common thieves and ran out the front door and saw two other men fighting the golems. Naruto dismissed the golems and said" You guys better leave now." Naruto then heard a cry from a carriage and Naruto walked over and opened the back. He saw a boy no older then five who was crying and his clothes were ripped and torn. Naruto then glared at the bandits and when the one who was slammed through the door came out he ran away. The two others soon followed suit. Naruto turned back to the boy and reached his hand out. 

The boy jumped back as far as he could and was clearly scared. Naruto couldn't help but feel sadness, seeing this boy like this. Naruto reached out his hand again and said" It's okay, we won't hurt you." The boy then slowly walked forward and almost on instinct hugged Naruto. Naruto felt a sudden rush of sadness and hugged the boy back and said" Don't worry, we'll help you." Sasuke walked around and saw Naruto with a young boy and felt the sadness he had when Naruto showed him his past. Naruto held on to the boy and said" We have to help him." Sasuke nodded but Iruka came around and said" We have a mission, we can't be taking care of this boy. He most likely was taken to be traded off as a slave." Naruto held on to the boy as he hugged him and asked" Do you really want to just leave him here all alone? You want him to starve to death? I won't do it, even if I have to abandoned this mission, and can't be a ninja ever again. I won't leave him alone."

Iruka sighed and Naruto said" I know you Iruka, leaving a kid all alone is wrong and you would feel just as bad as I would leaving him." The boy lifted his head and said" I want my mommy." Naruto then felt a tear slide down his cheek and said" I won't leave him, you guys do what you have too." Hinata heard everything and walked up to Naruto and said" I'm with you Naruto, this boy will not be left behind." Sasuke walked near Naruto and said" Guess it's three against one Iruka." Iruka sighed and said" I said we have a mission and can't take care of him. But I never said we can't take him with us to see if he belongs to a nearby village." Naruto smiled and looked at the young boy and said" Don't worry, we'll help find your home." The boy smiled and hugged Naruto and said" Thank you big brother." Naruto felt another tear slide down and hugged him back.