Chapter 1

It's been a week since Naruto defeated Pein and as happy as he wanted to be about being called the hero of Konohagakure, he had only one thing or yet one person on his mind. That was Hinata. She was going to give her life to save him. Not only that, she said she loved him. He had a hard time wrapping his head around that. He knew that she lived after Pein had stabbed her when he went back into sage mode, after the the kyuubi almost took over. He then found out when Pein had slammed her down she hit her head and was now in a coma. Naruto was walking down the street to the hospital that Yamado made first to start the rebuild. He picked some flowers right outside the village and went to Hinata's room. When he got there, he replaced the flowers he picked the day before. She layed in the bed silent, but she looked so beatiful and he couldn't figure out why. He sat down beside her and placed his hand on top of hers. It was later in the day and the sun was about to set. He spent the day helping Yamado rebuild the village. He leared that in sage mode he could give Yamado extra chakra without turning him into a frog.

        "Why" he asked. He was trying not to cry but the tears just started falling and he couldn't understand it. She was his friend and cared for her, but why does he feel this sad, almost like he loved her too. He couldn't though, he doesn't know what love is. At one point he thought he loved Sakura but relised that was just a crush. He then noticed someone walk in and he quickly wiped his face and noticed it was Neji. Naruto did his best and smiled, " Hey Neji, how's it going?" Neji looked at Naruto knowing full well he was faking his smile and said" We are making progress in building back, but we still have a long way to go." Naruto nodded and looked at Hinata gain. Neji walking over to Naruto and put a hand on his shoulder" Don't worry Naruto, I know she will be awake soon." Naruto just kept staring. " Neji I know you know what happened, but there's something she said to me." Neji stared for a moment and asked" She confessed her love for you, didn't she?" Naruto looked up shocked and nodded. Neji sighed" I'm not sure if I should be telling you this, but I'm going to anyway. Hinata and me have only been close because of you and she confided in me one night about how she felt about you. It happened when you both were about five and she was getting bullied by some kids. She then told me you came in and tried to protect her."

        Naruto thought back but couldn't remember. Neji continued," Ever since that day, she looked at you from a far and saw how you were treated. She loved how you always stood up for yourself and kept pushing forward. Then you guys were in the acadamy and she would boast on how you never gave up and gave your best." Neji then smiled and said" She said you were always causing trouble and making jokes, but still always tried your hardest. But what she loved the most about you was it gave her a reason to push herself harder. She wanted to be stronger for you." Naruto was trying so hard not to completly break down, but tears still fell. Neji sat up and said" Naruto, you are my friend and always will be. But please don't blame yourself, Hinata did what she did, because she felt it was right. What you can do now is just hope for her to get well soon." Neji got to the door and smiled" It wouldn't hurt to maybe take her out on date when she get's better too." Neji slowly shut the door and Naruto just couldn't hold it in anymore and started to cry. He sobbed next to Hinata and just wished she would be better. While crying he put his head down by her bed and said" Please Hinata wake up, I promise I'll take you out to ramen when it gets built." 

        Naruto kept crying and then he felt a hand move and he shot his head up. There was Hinata staring at him with a confused look on her face. Naruto jumped up and wrapped his arms around her and started crying" Hinata I'm so glad your awake! I'm so sorrry! This is all my fault!" Hinata was still out of it, but felt Naruto hugging her and was happy and nervous at the same time. Naruto then asked" Hinata why? Why risk your life to save me?" Naruto then let go of his hug and Hinata said" I... I just saw you there being hurt, and I.. I.. I just couldn't let you suffer like that. But I'm glad your okay." She then looked down sadly and said" No thanks to me, guess everyone was right about me being a failure." Naruto then looked at her sternly and said" Your an idiot". Hinata looked up in suprise and Naruto's face soften and said" Your not a failure. If anything your just as much as a hero as me, nobody else came to help but you and thanks to you I was able to escape, in a weird way, but nevermind that." Naruto kept looking into her eyes, and kept thinking as blank as thier were, they were still beautiful.

        Naruto then looked down and asked" So Hinata, did you mean what you said?" Hinata then looked at him funny and he said" About being in love with me." Hinata turned bright red and looked down and nodded. Naruto smiled and said" Well I can't say I feel the same, at least not right now, but I know I care for you and I may not know now what being in love is like I wouldn't mind us trying it out." Hinata's head shot up and asked" So does that mean..." Naruto smiled and said" I guess if you want to try and date a idoit like me, I would like that very much." Hinata about passed out but somehow kept from fainting and smiled" I would like that very much Naruto." Naruto smiled and said" okay, from this day forward we are a couple and I'm going to take care of you." Hinata smiled and said" I guess I will be counting on you." 

Just the start will be an ongoing story for a while and will try to update every week, thanks for reading