Chapter 37

Naruto and Tinaka walked to where Naruto and Hinata was staying. They walked in the door and Naruto yelled out" Hinata, I'm home." She came out of the kitchen and said" Good, I just need to finish these veggies and dinner will be ready." Naruto made a face and said" Come on Hinata, how long do I have to eat this stuff?" Hinata went back into the kitchen and said" I guess I'll save my night skills for someone else then." Naruto turned red and sighed and said" Fine, I guess I have no choice." Hinata then poked her head out of the kitchen and said" You sure? I'm sure some ninja out there would have no problem eating my food." Naruto then yelled out" I said I'll eat what you make!" Tinaka was confused at first, but saw that they were teasing each other. He then said" I will eat anything you make Hinata." As he bowed Naruto smacked him in the back of the head and said" I think Tinaka and I should get washed up for dinner."

Naruto then dragged Tinaka into their bathroom and said" Don't encourage her to make more of that green stuff." Tinaka then said" But it's good for you, plus I'm sure she can make it taste good." Naruto made a face and said" Trust me, nothing can make that stuff taste good." Tinaka then said" But you said you would eat anything she made." Naruto rubbed the back of his head and said" That's because she said she would do..... You know, never mind. Most of what she makes is good, so I can eat the green stuff to." Tinaka looked at him weird and said" Veggies taste good though." Naruto put his head down and said" She tells me that all the time but I still hate them. But I'm Naruto Uzumaki, I can eat anything. They both walked back to the kitchen. Hinata then set the plates down and they started to eat. Naruto ate most of his food quickly, but left the green stuff on his plate untouched.

Hinata gave Naruto a glare and he shoved the rest of his food down. Tinaka ate all his food and when he finished, he said" Thanks Hinata, that was really good." Hinata smiled and said" I'm glad someone likes it." Naruto shot back and said" I liked it too!" Tinaka laughed and said" He did eat it, so I guess that counts, right?" Hinata smiled and said" Your right, Naruto should be learning from you instead." Naruto made a sad face and said" I do try Hinata." Hinata then went over and hugged Naruto and said" I know you do, and that's what counts." She kissed him on the cheek and started picking up all the dishes. Naruto then said" Hey Tinaka, why don't hang out on the couch while Hinata and I clean up and then I'll walk you home." He nodded and went over to the couch while Naruto and Hinata cleaned. Naruto kept spashing water at Hinata making her giggle.

When they finished cleaning Naruto walked out of the kitchen and said" Okay Tinaka, let's get you home. Naruto then saw Tinaka asleep on the couch and he looked at Hinata who said" Guess he should sleep here tonight, I'll grab him a blanket." Hinata walked to their room and put a blanket over Tinaka as he slept. Hinata looked at Naruto and Tinaka and felt happy they met each other. She walked to the bedroom and got ready for bed, and as she did she heard some noise from the living room. She walked slowly to where Naruto and Tinaka were. She saw Naruto holding Tinaka's head in his arms, as he was crying. Naruto saw Tinaka mumble something and he started crying and Naruto wasn't sure what to do, so he held him. Naruto felt himself tearing up, seeing Tinaka like this. He was all alone, just like him, but Tinaka also felt the sadness of losing his parents.

Naruto patted Tinaka's head while rocking back and forth. Tinaka was almost twelve and seemed to have himself together, but this showed how sad and lonely he was. Naruto whispered" It's okay, I'm here now and I won't let go." Hinata wiped a tear away seeing the two share the pain of being alone. She walked backed to the room and got into bed. About ten minutes later Naruto came in the room and got ready for bed. When he got into bed, Hinata wrapped her arms around him and said" You really are the kindest person I've ever met." Naruto looked at her confused and she continued" Most people would leave him be, but you comforted him. You held him like a father holding their son, making sure they felt loved and it was..." Hinata couldn't finished as she held on to Naruto crying. After a few minutes, she stopped crying and said" I remember when you would cry yourself to sleep and it felt so good to see you calm down and look happy

Naruto kissed her forehead and said" I know what it's like to feel the way he does, he handles it so much better then me. But he still is in pain, as I held him, he kept calling for his dad. It hurt so much hearing him say that, so I held him thinking it would help him. The moment he grabbed me, he smiled and seemed to be peaceful again. I hate seeing him like Hinata, it's not fair." Hinata then saw a tear roll down Naruto's face and she wiped it and said" I know baby, but you being there for him now has to mean the world to him. Trust me Naruto, he will grow up great, just like you did. I'm sure us being around him helps too." Naruto smiled and kissed her forehead and said" Your right Hinata. I know he will be a great ninja, just like us." Hinata kissed him on the lips and laid on his chest and slowly fell asleep as Naruto did the same.