Chapter 5. Taken

"What's up dumb ass" I hear a female voice say, I look up "hello Sofia" I reply to my younger sister

she takes a seat at my desk and hands me a file "Angelo told me you wanted a background check on Eloise Reeves, I didn't find much on her, she's pretty clean" I hum in response as I look over the file

"I asked for this about a week ago love" I chuckle, "yea I know, been busy okay" she shrugs he shoulders.

I look at her "got some more info on her brother though" she says, "her brother, kellan on the other hand is a user and addict, causing the family to have some financial problems, his parents cut him off though they still keep in contact, same for his sisters, he's a business man and can clearly pay off the debt and take care of things but refuses to for some reason" she shrugs as she says.

"is she your girlfriend or something?" my sister asks "no Sofia, she's not my girlfriend" I stated calmly

"makes sense, she's to pretty for you anyway" my sister says as she grins stupidly. I roll my eyes at her

"come on, time to go question Eloise" I say as I grab my coat and begin to walk out as she follows behind me.

ψ

We enter My Desirable Secret.

Eloise's company

we reach the top floor and step out the elevator

my sister wastes no time just walking into Eloise's office "good morning, how can I help you sweetheart" I hear Eloise say, I can listen her soothing voice everyday if I could, something about her makes me want to be hers and hers only.

Her gaze then turns to me and she narrows her eyes at me "hello to you too Eloise"

she doesn't respond

"why are you here?" she asks "I want to discuss something with you-" before I can finish my sister cuts me off "hi, I'm Sofia Alessio's younger sister" she gleams "hello Sofia, its a pleasure to meet you, I'm Eloise" she replies.

"as I was saying, I'm here to discuss your brother, kellan" I say but her response has me stunned "get out of my office now" she seethes "I'm not leaving til I get my answer" I respond coldly "look Mr. Mariano I have no answer for you, I haven't spoken to my brother in months" she answers not taking her eyes off of her work "Sofia, go wait outside, Mrs reeves and I has some business to talk about" I stated as Sofia left.

"I assure there's nothing to talk about, I suggest you leave" she says "what do you know about your brother?"

she ignores me

"I will be out of your way if you just answer my questions" I say "your not worthy of my time" she looks up at me with a tight lipped as she responds.

This is going to be harder than I thought, my phone then made a noise, I looked at and there's a message from Nikolai "Kellan spoke with us, he isn't making the payment" I smile internally "alright Mrs. reeves, are you going to answer or not?" I ask, she gets up from her seat where her petite frame now stands in front of me with her arms folded.