Chapter 12. Moment

I woke up the next morning, I can feel all the aches and pains in my body

I can't move, is all I can think as I lay in bed not being able to move

why now, is what I keep asking myself but I guess its from all the physical movement and other shit these past few weeks, I've felt the pains earlier and I knew I should have stopped but I didn't, but I would like to keep this to myself, no one needs to know and to be fair its not that important to know.

I have no motivation to do anything not even get up

there's a knock at the door but I just don't have it in me to get up or even say come in but I don't want anyone to see me like this, I sit up but I can just feel all the energy left in me go away "come in" I say as I slip on a robe, trying not to sound as if I'm dying.

I probably am

Sofia enters with a warm smile "morning Eloise" she asks, I return the gesture but I can tell she notices my distress "are you okay?" she asked but all I can do is nod "okay.." she responds, I know she doesn't believe but it will have to do for now

"I'll be back" she says as she rushes out the room.

SOFIA

I immediately go to my brothers office, I know somethings wrong but Eloise won't tell me, when I enter I find Nikolai and my brother having a conversation.

caro dio, is all I can think to myself when I see Nikolai.

I try my best to ignore him but when I see him I just fall apart but he'd have no interest in me, I'm practically a baby to him.

I remove my thoughts cause I didn't come here to gloat on how in love with someone I am and they probably don't notice me, I came here to tell my brother about Eloise.

"somethings wrong with Eloise" I blurt out which causes them the finally turn in my direction "what do you mean somethings wrong with her?" my brother questions.

"when I entered the room this morning she took a while to respond and when she let me in she didn't look okay" I stated "did she say what's wrong with her?" he asks as he gets up from his seat "no" is all I can say.

he rushes out the room with that and leaves me and Nikolai.

I find myself awkwardly standing there not being able to say anything "are you okay Sofia?" I hear him as "yea I'm fine, I'm okay" nervously laugh "uh I have to go now, bye Nikolai" I say as I quickly exit the room.

dear god