| Childish Ways |

!! (f! reader) !!

-

"You know you love my childish behavior..."

Leo raises his eyebrows up and down and places his finger under his chin. You roll your eyes at your boyfriend's claim.

"Yeah right. Hanging out with you is like babysitting a literal child. No thanks." You shoved your hand in his face.

"Leo, stop messing with (Y/N)! We got to go!" Raph yells for his younger brother. You grinned at Leo.

"Stay safe out there, Leon. Don't want you getting hurt like last time." You teased. Leo scoffs at your words, flapping his hand in the air as he chuckles.

"Please, it's not like you're not gonna be there and fix me up anyway." He reassured you but that didn't convince you much. He saw your face scrunch up in anxiety. He reaches out for you and places his large hand on your head, patting it gently. "But, I suppose I can make it back in one piece. Stopping worrying so much (Y/N). I can take care of both of us."

You looked up at him, shaking his hand away from you and pulling him into a tight hug. Your nails grip onto his shell as if Leo were to fly away at any given moment. "You know I can't help myself worrying when you and your brothers are out there fighting God knows who or what. Just..." Leo felt himself being squeezed a little tighter. "...make sure you're not alone you big baby."

Throughout the week, the Hamato brothers had been battling tough enemies during their nightly patrols. And of course, Leo had been taking too many hits. He hasn't learned to fully stay with his brothers and has been trapped in many solo fights. This resulted in almost nightly visits in the middle of the night with your injured boyfriend.

You'd scold him but he didn't mind. Leonardo was just happy that you were always there. But you had told him that sooner or later, things could get worse.

"What if I wasn't here, Leo? What would you have done then?" You had told him the other night.

Leo laughed in pain as he held his side. "I doubt that. I know you'll always be here somehow."

"Leo, I can't keep fixing my beaten-up boyfriend every night. You have to learn to not rely on others." You lowered your voice.

And without a doubt, you were right. Raph had already explained to Leo many times that he shouldn't separate himself from the group if he couldn't handle supporting his fights alone.

Leo nuzzled his snout in the crook of your neck, sighing heavily with defeat. "I'm not alone, remember? I got you." He said with defiance.

You knew his words were true, but his intentions didn't exactly pair up with what he had said. You let go of his embrace and decided not to respond. Instead, Leo gave you a simple nod and went running after his brothers, quickly exiting the lair. You said your goodbyes to Splinter and headed home to your apartment.

You were determined to sleep through the night tonight; no distractions and no injured boyfriends to wake you. By finishing up your night routine, you found yourself curled up in a ball of worries, wondering if Leo had taken your advice. You were soon able to shut your mind out and rest your eyes in peace.

-

Of course, you had jinxed yourself.

The second you heard your panic watch go off, you knew it was Leo who was in trouble. The panic watch; was gifted to you by Donatello who had also gifted it to April, seeing how you two were the only humans. It had the Mad Dogs logo on it and you could easily ask for help by simply tapping on it. Just as you and April were able to contact someone through the watch, Donnie could easily communicate back and locate the device's location. It was only to be used in case of a serious emergency. Donnie's words.