15) Mission 3 - The truth

Today is gonna be intense. First the chemistry period then the IMO and at last the selection for the plays for our Annual concert. I managed to wake up on time today, not like I slept to be honest. It was the first period for chem, then the IMO goes on for an hour. After that in lunch and then the remaining 3 periods is selection. Not only Annual program though, there's the Inter house tournament too. Chem class happened in the lab again. And to be honest again, it was hella boring. I managed to get through without sleeping and then since I wasn't going for IMO, I was basically free till lunch. Good thing though is that Prach wasn't going either. Neither was Ace nor was Dominique. We 4 were met together in the music room once chem got over. The first thing that caught my eyes was Dominique sitting by the piano, again. And Ace holding a mic.
"Just in case you don't want our ears to have a funeral, please tell me you won't be singing", Prach mocked Ace
"Haha", Ace said sarcastically
"Umm...might be Rhyss can sing? You did yesterday", D obviously
"Um...yeah. I guess that's okay", I answered awkwardly.
"And what shall we sing? Actually let's duet it. How about.....See you again from Fast and the Furious?", Prach proposed
Dominique started off with the piano impressively. But lord you should have heard Ace's voice! Straight out Shawn Mendes!!? By the time the rap came, everybody looked at everybody and then at me. So I took the lead. And boy, did I rock it? Piece of cake. The song finally ended and Prach and Dominique were like surprised by this duet.
"You guys? What the helllllll??!!", Prach shouted enthusiastically while D just smiled at me. We skipped the selection especially after knowing that the play was indeed going to be Romeo and Juliet or some Shakespeare play. I mean, it'snot humanly possible to learn the dialogues this guy wrote back in his time. We rather decided to go back to the music room and continue singing. And when the bell rang, D and I left before Ace and Prach. We sat in his hellcat and I said then, "The task is simple. Since we don't have the address, we'll follow him after he leaves but we can't take this car. We need the one he's never seen"
D wasn't speaking. Just nodding and smirking. This boy is gonna make me change my choice. "Umm...D? Will you please talk?"
"Was planning to but you leave me speechles............nah. Too cheesy", then he laughed a bit. We both did
We first went to my house cause it was a good 2 hours before the workers would start to leave.
D proposed a good idea and plan, "You know what? Might be we should sometime soon check out more of Lilie's stuff. Or if you want then you can. Cause we have chances of getting more hints from there only"
"Right. We can do it tomorrow cause I'm not gonna go to school. Everybody will be anyway going for rehearsals so teachers wont make us study"
"Hmm. Fine then. Tomorrow it is"
The succeeding hour went by pretty fast since we decided to watch a movie. Transylvania part 4. Cause it turns out that D is a big fan of comedy animation. Definitely not Naruto etc. So we watched transylvania and as soon as it got over, we left for my dad's office once again. Turns out we were just in time and Fendy and Luke were just parting ways to their respective cars for going home. We definitely followed Luke as planned. We made sure to not always be behind him, we even overtook him sometimes when we saw only a straight piece of road ahead and no turns to be made.
"Are you sure you are not a spy?", I asked D astonished by the fact that he knew so much about how to keep eyes off us.
D replied with an "idk" gesture but then said, "If I were then you better believe that I'll be after you"
"Oh...why?", I asked actually quite stunt
"Cause beautiful girls get haunted...", he whispered scarily. "Nah I'm just fricking kidding with ya"
"The haunted or the beautiful part?", I razzed him about his very simple sentence
"The first........ part? Obviously", he said blushing lightly.
We had finally reached Luke's house but we stopped at the nearby restaurant instead from where D told me to walk to Luke's house. We went together but he stayed out. As I rang the bell and waited. After Luke opened the door, he welcomed me in. Acting very differently than he did when he was with Fendy. Must be a controlling freak. I gave D one quick sideways glance before striding past Luke and into his house.
"Um....tell me. You look like you have business. Just like your dad", he smiled and picked up his headphone from the couch meanwhile and keeping it on the table. "Coffee? Anything?"
"No, no. I'm perfectly fine. I wanted to um...talk about Breanne. Cause you know, it seemed like Fendy didn't want us to know and that honestly just got me more interested than even I'd like to be", meanwhile I sat on the couch. He just gazed at me with wide open eyes.
"I won't say you're wrong cause it is a bit complicated and I don't think she found any reason to tell you about it. But...since it's more about Lilie.....I'm in. What do you wanna hear?" We both bent back on our seats comfortably with one leg upon the other. The classy way.
"Let's start with the truth"