25) Ace, Alex and Aran

As much as I didn't wanna wake up especially after the message I just got, I did wake up. Changed into some shorts which hid under my oversized black hoodie. I tied my hairs in a low messy bun while I sat down at my computer desk. Our vacations started last friday, so there are some projects to be done. But guess what? I had a project too, a very own project. On Ace Calderone.

Lilie's diary is a goldmine for this investigation. I opened it back to the page of the new year picnic thing. I sat with it to confirm my idea, the one I had when I saw the picture again on Ace's desk. Lilie was wearing a puffed shoulder top. White with little yellow flowers on it. And also in the group pic, on last new year, she was wearing a dress. Puffed short sleeves, white with little yellow flowers on it. Rings something ?It looked the exact way her clothes looked in the photo. So, we might as well conclude that the pictures were taken in the new year's party. And that meant....that the guy must've been someone who was already in the party. White shirt prolly. But only it's still hard to conclude who. Because while there were only 2 men in all white t-shirts, the back of the white shirts the other guys wore, could've been plain white too. One thing though, the shirt that the guy in the picture was wearing had a collar. There were only 3 men as such. Ace, some guy I still need to find out since he was not mentioned properly as such, and her bf named Alex.

Good thing that Lilie opinioned on everyone's outfit in her diary. She disliked most, as usual. But she liked a few. Very few. For the guy Alex who she definitely loved, Eh, the desciption went that he wore a polo with black jeans, an over expensive watch, Samsung Note 10+ with a blue Bentley. I scrolled through the rest of the diary, to try and find something about him. Number, or address, anything. That search was unsuccessful. I mean, what type of gf doesn't keep bragging about their filthy rich bf in their diary. Considering the fact that she is cringy af. So I logged onto my insta, went to Lilie's profile and searched for an Alex. Well, there were 3. But since I already know what he looks like, it wasn't hard to find the profile I was looking for. Once I did, I followed him and left it for him to accept. Meanwhile, I was trying to search for the guy I have no clue of. Good thing, I knew some of Lilie's friends. Not like she had many anyway. And I also her address. Her name is Taisha. I don't know the title.

I didn't give much thought before leaving for her house. And now it was too late because I was mere footsteps away from her door. So I rang the bell and waited. Her mom opened it, "Hi. Who is this?"
"I am Rhyss. Lilie's sister", I replied awkwardly
"Oh yes yes. Come in. You want anything? Water, tea etc etc?", she asked politely with a smile.
I gestured for permission and sat down on the sofa while saying, "Nope, I'm absolutely fine. I..um...wanted to see Taisha"
"Why don't you go to her room? It's immediate right after traveling up the stairs", she said and left for the kitchen
"Okiee", I replied and entered Taisha's room. She wasn't particularly suprised to see me. Just a didnt expect it I guess. "Hey, Rhyss. Everything fine?"
"Yup"
"So....wassup?"
"Not gonna lie. A lot. But can you do me a favour?". She nodded her head with interest so I continued, "Um....do you know where this guy stays". I opened my phone and showed the new year's pic which I carefully had previously torn out of Lilie's diary. I pointed at the guy I didn't know about. She immediately said, "Oh him? That's Aran". I looked at her with a lil bit confusion as if to say her to keep going and so she did. "Aran Henley. He's Alex's friend so he came to the party. Lilie and him weren't friends but knew eachother. He is our junior. Plays damn good music"
"Address or number, anything?"
She took out her phone and gave me his number. I bid her and her mother goodbye and left for my house.

As soon as I reached it, I somehow kicked my shoes off and called Aran. I thought to myself that it couldn't be him could it? I mean, he's a junior. I don't think Lilie would passionately kiss a junior. But again, we all think many things. The phone rang for so long that I was about to cut it when he came rushing, "Sorry sorry sorry. Who is this?"
"Um...I'm Rhyss. Lilie's sister"
"Oh.....you...need something?", he spoke slowly
"Can I meet you today please? If you have no problem. Or we might as well just talk about it", I offered him options
"No no it's fine. Can you come at 4? I'll be leaving after 5 so...."
"Yup, see you then. Bye......and thanks". I cut the call and went to work. I mean hey...I have school project too. Leave me alone

"Damn good lord", I started the engine. Cause If I write another word related to world history, I'll definitely exhaust my brain to the point of no fricking comeback. And oh, It's been a while you guys have left me alone. Thanks. So here I am doing you a favour. I'm already at Aran's house. On his bed, waiting for him to start the talk after he finishes pouring us some wine. That is one thing I do not say a no to.
"There..you..go!", he said while handing me over the wine
"Thanks", I replied warmly
"So...what is it?"
"Have you um..seen this photo anywhere?", I took out the photo from Lilie with the guy from the party. His face turned pale and he said,"Um...looks like anybody in white?"
"I thought that too. Are you sure this isn't Alex?"
"That's the obvious but I think not. Cause I'm pretty sure there was one guy at the party who wasn't Alex but was still dancing with Lilie. Also, if you notice, the hairs look a bit black. Not brown. Though that might be due to the lighting etc but Still. I don't think in broad day light that that hair is brown", Aran opinioned while pointing at the guy's hairs
"Okay.......", I quickly eyed his hairs and said "Thanks. I'll leave now"
He nodded and left me till my car. I drove back slowly, without any rush of thoughts or wind. Aran has black hairs with blonde highlights. Alex has brown hairs. Ace....has black hairs. The guy....has black hairs. So Ace, you were right. Lilie did cheat. And that's why the only guy to know that would be you. But who did it? Did you kiss her? Or did she?