29) I need you now

Hey Rhyss,
This is dad as you already know. Call me immediately after you see this. I'm free today so don't worry. Bye

This was immediately after I got back from Ace's. And my first thought was "Should I ask him?....Wait, no. It can't be true. Dad won't kill anybody.............Would he?"
I haven't spoken to him after that little Lilie outburst between us. He had even told me too but seriously I've been too busy dealing with this shit to think about calling someone. In fact, I haven't talked to either of them for a while. So I rang back to him after changing my clothes. He picked it up in the blink of an eye. As if he were waiting for it, too excited. But why?
"Hey, dad. Everything good? I was really distracted so I couldn't call back earlier"
"It's really fine. Look, I need to tell you something. But you must not tell mom. Okay?", I could feel him often choking on the words. Out of fear?
"Okay.....? What is it?", I assured him
"You um....know Ace. Right?"
"And Breanne too". I dont like where this is going
"So uh yh. A-about her"
"What about her dad?", I forced him
"Stay quiet a while and listen to me ok?", he requested. I hmm-ed from my side. And he started, "It all started at the beginning"
Stop

Flashback
"So it is either Breanne or William" - "Just heard that the fight is between Ms.Calderone and Mr.Cameron" - "Hey, heard about the new lead developer position is having a close fight between Breanne and Cameron" - "Who is it gonne be?". This was the trending chatter in the Apple office. But seriously, who was it gonna be? The new Lead Developer (Web developer)? It's an important question, isn't it?

This was just one of the many competitions between me and Breanne. But the biggest one and the turning point for both of us. Also, it wasn't the usual toxic rivalry where we are bitter foes waiting to kill one another. It was a healthy competition. Especially abiding by the fact that we both had our personal relationships, we didn't really have much time to compete outside of work. I was with your mom, not married, just bf gf. And Breanne had one too, Luke Rojas, Luke Dayton Rojas. Everything was going on smoothly between them, till they weren't. And who took the lead for that? Obviously Ms. Calderone.

It was something of March in as far as I can recall, 2018. It was the global meet for the digital companies, which that year took place right after one of our seminars. Breanne,Luke,I and two or three other people got invited as representatives of different sectors like programming, web development etc etc. From ancient to new, headphone developers to smartphones and televisions. Every single company, but successful, was present there with about 5 to 8 people from every company. It is a pretty grand thing.

Everybody was busy introducing themselves to one another, drinking champagne and some even making business proposals. It's a crucial party, you see? And amidst this mess, nobody prolly had the time to check up on people they already know, that wasn't gonna help them. So naturally, Luke had lost sight of Breanne. But she had caught sight of Ren, Ren Dono. Apple's rival team's leader or boss, whatever you'd like to call him. Now, I don't know what previous relationship they had or did in the present, It was pretty strong. The back of the party building was a huge pool. It was closed and empty. Only two people were there when Luke had gone there. The one he's been searching for and one he's been not. Which means Breanne and Ren. And what he saw was not particularly a loyal thing for Breanne to do. Breanne and Ren stood there by the pool, infront of eachother, hand in hand, kissing. I honestly can't imagine the anger and pain that must have caused Luke. But those two things had only made him act faster and wiser. While he stood near the door, with the perfect view of their faces, he took out his phone and snapped a quick and clear picture of it. I know you still might not understand why. But look at this. Samsung and Apple,rivals. Therefore, Breanne and Ren, rivals. But in reality, they're not. So that pops up a very big question. If everything is fair in love and war, then what if samsumg is gaining from this relationship? Like any information or technology etc? Cause Breanne knows it, she can say it to Ren by any chance or might just be intentionally, and samsung gets to know! As simple as that! Now that is how much Luke had thought in seconds. But like I said, he's been wiser too. He had no gain getting this news to the Apple, but I did. Because as soon as she gets out of my way, there is no competition and I'm the only one to take the lead! So he didn't leak this out. I did. When he came to me with this news, I thought he just wanted some sympathy. But he gradually showed me my advantages, and I'd been greedy. I chose an unfair way. I even spread it all around the office. I had been smart too you see? I posted it on twitter.......

Continuation
"So I believe not only did I ruin her career but also Ren's", he stopped and took a big breath. Waiting for my answer.
"Dad?", I whispered from my side of the phone. "Are you a killer?"
Cause that's what it seemed didn't it? Not only did she lose her job. She took her life. I did not feel sad or sympathetic for her somehow. I feel like getting fired is nothing to suicide for and cheating on a person is not tolerable. So she deserved it. Just not her death. Why would she kill herself? There's got to be more.
He finally managed to answer me, "Wh-what if I said. I......felt like,yes?"
"I'll be fine, fine with this, gradually. Don't worry"
"I love you. Bye"
"Just, bye". I cut the call. I don't love him, I don't love a killer. I went to the washroom and took a shower.

I stood under as the water from the shower flowed down my cheeks, mixing with my own tears outflowing with every inch of realization. It is all a revenge isn't it, Ace? For your mom? She lost everything due to a photo. So you're rebuilding the same endings for other girls. But that is the problem. Why only Lilie? If you'd want to hurt your mom's so called killer, my dad, then you'd hurt his daughters. Lilie is done. Was it planned for me too? Why did lose her life if all the harm done was professional? Do you still plan on hurting me? Answer me. I need them now. I need you now. Right now.