twenty eight

NAYEON

NAYEON

I silently watch Vivi from afar feeling her aura off for the past couple of days. I've asked if everything's okay but she brushed me off with her confident assuring smile.

But I know somethings wrong. Even Jooheons asked me and that says something.

Speak of the devil he just walked in.

" Hey baby." I force a small smile, receiving a welcoming kiss. " What's the matter?"

I sigh, glancing over at Vivi.

" Is she still being a little.. off?" I nod. " Yeah. Jungkook's asked me about her as well. Wanted me to ask you about her."

" Shes not telling me anything. She keeps brushing me off. I don't want to bug her too much about it. She'll come around on her own time." Jooheon nods,  bringing me in close to his frame kissing my forehead.

" She will come around. Hopefully soon. Jungkook's beating himself up about whatever it is that's going on with her. I'm sure he's going to pop up soo-"

" Vivi?" We both turn to the door closing. What a coincidence Jungkook just waltzed in. 

JUNGKOOK

" Vivi?" She freezes in her stance, shoulders tense, her feet glued to the ground. " Vivi." I call again, placing my hand on her shoulder turning her around.

" Hey, Kook." She smiles. " What's up?"

I frown. " What's up? That's it?"

She frowns back, stepping back. " What do you mean that's it? Did I do something?"

" Ye— No. It's just you've been off for a couple of days. You hardly ever text me back or answer my calls. Did I do something? Did something happen?"

Her face hardens, jaw clenching. " No, I'm fine. Just my classes have been stressing me out." She says walking around me, collecting empty cups. " Exams are coming up and I've been busy studying. I'm not paying to fail and become nobody."

I freeze taken back. " No need to become so hostile. I understand classes can be stressful. I'm just worried about you. Maybe a little text or phone call would make me at ease. Don't just sit and become distant with me without saying anything."

" I don't need to constantly be telling you what's going on with me or what the hell I'm doing every goddamn minute." Vivi sets her tray down harshly, keeping her back faced towards me. "I said I'm fine."