nine

❛ VIVI ❜

VIVI

It became a routine for us to smoke in his car before, we ever eat. And honestly, that's the smartest idea I've ever heard.

You get hungry and thirsty after, and eating a big meal after is the way to go. He finished rolling for us and every time he rolls, I watch. I would like to learn how to do it. Who would've know there's different types of wraps.

There's blunts, wraps, joints, and woods. He says I'm not ready for woods. Whatever that means. So, in the mean time he uses blunts. Which are cigarillos. He breaks it down the middle, takes out the tobacco and replaces it with the broken down buds on the folded envelope he keeps as a tray. He seems professional and I mean he has been doing it for years, it makes sense.

He tucks and tucks and rolls it forward, licking the wrap and finishes it by rolling it forward. It seems so easy to master but I'm so positive it's difficult.

" How long did it take you to learn how to," I pause, trying to find the word that best describes what he's doing.

" How long it took me too roll?" He smiles, licking the part he patched. I nod, maybe that is the word. " It took me about," He hums, thinking as he looks for a lighter. " three months. But the more you advance in rolling different wraps the better you get. It's like learning to take step by step walking up the stairs but of course, in this case is rolling. It takes some practice." He finds a lighter and looks over at me gesturing the now perfectly round blunt towards me with the lighter. " You first?"

I shake my head gesturing him to go first. He nods, sparking it up and I watch him do so. One thing that I've noticed smoking with him and being out in public high is that he makes me feel at ease, normal. I don't get nervous or anxious.

He reassures me that everything is okay and that he'll be right besides me the entire time. And to ignore the disappointing stares. He said and I quote, " Who gives a shit." And I live by it day by day.

" What's new curly fries?" He asks, inhaling the smoke from his mouth into his nose. He said it's called a dragon. And he calls me curly fries because of my hair. I actually didn't mind the name, it's unique in its own way.

I shrug, sitting back into the seat and stare ahead. " Nothing much. School is well, school. I got a couple exams coming up and work? Well, work is work. Another day another dollar." He chuckles, nodding. He passes the blunt to me and I take it in between my fingers. " How about you? Anything new?"

I squint my eyes, inhaling the toxins and let them sit in my lungs for a moment and blew it all out coughing a bit. " I'm gonna get tatted in a few days." I gasp, asking when. " Friday." He grins.