Gohing on a Date With Chloe: Part 2

This is a direct continuation of the first part. If you haven't read the first part you should do so, otherwise you'll be missing half the story. There's a bit of a spicy conversation near the end, just so you know.

If you have a comment, please leave it. If you like the chapter, consider leaving a vote.

Goh and Chloe's dates came to an end around the same time. The two couples left the restaurant first and Ash and Serena followed a few minutes later.

When they made it outside, they found Goh and Yvette standing some distance away. Goh tried to embrace Yvette, but got shot down. After some sort of polite exchange, Yvette left and Goh was left standing alone. Despite the lack of success, he seemed pleased with himself.

Ash decided to talk with Goh so he stepped away from Serena and walked toward the other boy. Serena, meanwhile, glanced around and spotted Chloe standing with Herbert a short distance from the restaurant. Herbert still seemed to be doing the talking and Chloe was listening.

Serena genuinely felt bad for Chloe. As terrible as Ash had been at relationships and reading signs, he'd always cared about her and been considerate, even when they'd just been friends. She couldn't imagine what it was like to pursue a guy that apparently wasn't that interested in hearing what she had to say.

As Serena looked on, Chloe suddenly reached out, grasped hold of Herbert and pulled him into an opened-mouthed kiss.

"Oh!" Serena exclaimed softly. She blushed and felt a little embarrassed at witnessing the act. She looked down at the ground for the dozen or so seconds that Chloe maintained the kiss.

When Chloe pulled back from Herbert, the two of them said a few words and then he walked off. Chloe watched him go and then headed toward Serena. As she drew near, Serena could tell Chloe wasn't all that happy.

"Hey, Chloe," Serena said in a friendly tone. "So, how'd it go?"

"Mmmmm, okay I guess," she replied in a distant sounding voice. "I'm not sure what I'm gonna do."

Serena considered asking about the kiss but decided not to. "Do you think he heard any of what you had to say?"

"I don't know," Chloe sighed. "He mostly just talked about this trip to Hoenn he's got coming up." She was silent a few seconds and then spoke again in a timid voice. "Hey, Serena, would you wanna have a sleepover at my house tonight?"

Serena was a little surprised at the request. "Why, do you wanna talk?" she replied in a kind tone.

Chloe nodded. "Yeah. I've got a lot on my mind."

Serena's heart went out to Chloe and she wanted to help. She and Ash had planned to stay at the Pokémon center for the night so they didn't have any big plans, however, Serena didn't want to just leave Ash alone.

"Well, I'll have to talk with Ash, but I think I'll probably be able to come over."

Chloe nodded again. "Okay, thanks," she said softly. "I'll be waiting."

Serena smiled at Chloe and the other girl managed a weak smile in response. Chloe then turned toward the path which would take her back home.

"I'm gonna head home," she said. "I wanna get out of these heels."

Serena nodded. "Okay. Safe travels," she said.

"Bye," Chloe replied. With that, she started walking away.

Serena watched Chloe go and then looked toward Ash and Goh. They seemed to be having a pleasant conversation so Serena walked over to join them.

"Yeah, everything you said really worked! Thanks a lot Ash!" Goh was saying as Serena came within earshot.