Bonnie!!!! the Pokémon Adventurer

This chapter takes place a few weeks after the end of the previous one. Excitement is in the air at the reserve. What sort of amazing things lie ahead for Ash and Serena as they find themselves in the middle of a close encounter!? Later, Ash plans to give out starter Pokémon to a trio of new trainers. But, what will happen when a not-so-young anymore friend from the past shows up?

If you enjoy the story, please leave a vote. If you have something to say, consider leaving a comment. I love hearing from my readers.

Ash maneuvered awkwardly and Serena placed her left hand on his shoulder to steady his movements. He flashed her an embarrassed smile and she giggled softly. Their faces were only a couple of inches apart and the silence of the room meant that they could clearly hear as well as feel each time their partner drew breath.

Ash wiggled his body a little and then let out a small exclamation of success as the tight passage finally granted him access. He leaned forward and slid deep into the darkness.

Serena squirmed and chuckled as she held tightly onto Ash. She couldn't help but grin. She was immensely enjoying this.

Ash worked his arms and upper body and then let out a stressed grunt. "Almost there!" he said.

Serena was practically hugging Ash at this point. She held him tight and whispered into his ear. "For a minute, I thought you wouldn't fit," she teased.

Ash sent her a stressed look. "That wouldn't have been good," he chuckled.

Serena grinned wickedly and playfully bit her tongue. "Definitely would have made things more interesting," she replied.

Ash pushed and strained and then his eyes lit up as he finally reached his goal. He let out sigh of sweet relief and then slowly withdrew from the tight, dark passage.

Serena steadied Ash as he moved. "Is that it?" she questioned.

Ash nodded and smiled in satisfaction. "Yep," he replied, pulling himself free and taking a step away from Serena.

Serena breathed a sigh of relief and looked at the dirty, collapsed Pokéball held in Ash's dust-covered right hand. She looked to the side and peered down into the small laundry room alcove the device had fallen into.

"We should probably cover that up," she commented. "Don't want anyone else falling down there."

"Yeah," Ash emphatically agreed. He grabbed a small hand towel hanging in the laundry room and quickly cleaned the red/white Pokéball. He then tapped the sphere to enlarge it and sent out the Pokémon contained within.

A Bulbasaur flashed into existence on the laundry room floor. She shook her body, let out a rasping cry and then looked at Ash with a concerned expression.

Ash smiled sheepishly. "Yeah, sorry about that," he said. "I didn't think those Pokéballs would just start rolling off the washing machine."

Serena displayed a tight-lipped smile as she recalled Ash's wide-eyed expression when he'd seen the trio of shrunken Pokéballs start to roll toward the alcove. He'd managed to grab two of them but Bulbasaur had fallen in. Fortunately, all was well and they could continue with the day's events.

Ash let out an emotional sigh and knelt down in front of Bulbasaur. He reached out and gently rubbed the grass type under its chin.

"Just think, today you're gonna start on a really big journey!" he said in a wistful tone.

Bulbasaur's eyes started to sparkle with wonder and excitement. The starter Pokémon had been anticipating this day for more than a month.

Ash smiled and then held up Bulbasaur's Pokéball. "Okay, let's get ready."