Knock Him Out but Don't Knock Her Up: Part 2

This part takes place immediately after the previous one.

Content warning! There's a steamy scene and some adult themes and conversations in this chapter.

The morning sun began to rise into the sky and Ash and Serena met at the reserve to discuss the situation. All of Ash's Pokémon except Gengar were still out of commission. Serena's Pokémon were equally sick and so they decided to head to Unova with only Gengar.

Ash explained the situation to the neighbors who would be minding the reserve and then he and Serena headed for the airport. They felt bad about leaving their Pokémon behind, but there was no chance they could make the lengthy trip. All of them were barely able to keep down water and their energy levels were extremely low. They would likely need two or three days of recovery before they were back to full strength.

Fortunately for Ash and Serena, they made it through the airport without issue. They were soon aboard the airplane and seated near a window on the left side of the craft. They watched as the pair of propeller props on their wing spun up and the plane began to taxi down the runway.

With a few bumps, the plane roared down the tarmac and lifted into the air. Ash and Serena felt the thrill of a new adventure and they exchanged eager smiles. They started to talk about what their plans for capturing the Cyclizar were, however, their conversation soon turned to their imminent sleeping arrangements.

The decision to only bring one tent had added a level of certainty to their union. Before, even though they'd planned to sleep together, it hadn't yet felt real. Now, each of them knew they'd be crawling into a tent together and sharing their first time.

Each of them blushed a little and smiled goofily as they exchanged a few whispers. It wasn't how either of them had imagined their first intimate encounter but ultimately it didn't matter. They would soon be together under the starry, Unova sky.

They settled in for the flight and Ash began to do a little reading about Cyclizar while Serena started watching a video of a recent showcase in Kalos. Between one of the performances, Serena casually glanced out the window and looked down at the landscape of Johto far below them. She smiled at the sight and marveled at how high up they were.

As she stared out the window she suddenly noticed that the prop of the farther away engine was slowing down. She watched with wide eyes and rapt attention as the propeller came to a near halt and was left slowly spinning, driven by the wind.

A knot of apprehension and fear twisted together inside her stomach and she aggressively elbowed Ash to get his attention. Puzzled, Ash looked up and immediately noted the concerned expression on Serena's face.

"What's wrong?!" he said in a low voice.

Serena subtly pointed toward the free spinning propeller and leaned close to Ash so she could whisper to him. "Is it supposed to do that?!" she hissed in an intense tone.

Ash looked at the propeller and his eyes went wide too. He thought for a moment, but the mechanics of flight weren't his expertise in the slightest.

"I don't know," he whispered.

Serena swallowed and took a few shallow breaths. "Maybe they shutdown an engine during long flights?" she offered.

Ash shrugged, not having any sort of answer.

At that moment, a young boy sitting at the window seat in front of them pressed his face against the glass with a 'clunk' sound and spoke in a childish voice.

"Mommy, why's the engine not running?"

The woman next to the boy leaned toward him and Serena heard her gasp softly. "I-I-I'm sure it's fine," she said in a reassuring yet shaky voice.