Looking for Love..............

We now jump over to Vermilion City to find out what has been happening with Goh and Chloe. Chloe is now living in her own apartment and Goh is very optimistic about his date. What will happen to our beloved duo?

Content warning! This chapter has some sensual language and steamy conversations. There's also some emotionally intense exchanges in here, so be aware.

I hope you enjoy!

Chloe slowly paced down an aisle of the grocery store, eyeing the many different products lining the shelves. She picked up a small can of pineapple, smiled and put it into the shopping basket she was holding by its folding handles in the crook of her left elbow. She took a few steps and picked up small package of noodles. She stowed it in the basket as well and felt a terrific sense of pride at having done so.

About a month ago, she'd finally moved out of her parent's house and into her own apartment. She was officially living on her own and making her own way in life. It was a humble life for the moment but she drew immense satisfaction at each little thing she did for herself. The simple act of shopping for herself with her own money was a big accomplishment. She smiled and chuckled happily as she stepped to the side and examined a bottle of soy sauce.

Eevee circled around her legs and let out an eager cry. Her Pokémon was very eager to get to the section of the store where they could shop for its food. Chloe glanced down and Eevee brushed the side of her head against Chloe's leg.

"We'll get to you soon, I promise," Chloe said in a kind tone. "I've just got to get a few more things."

Eevee let out an anxious yelp and waved her tail back-and-forth. Chloe turned her attention back to shopping and as she did so she saw, from the corner of her eye, someone toward the back of the store passing by the aisle she was currently in. Her heart leapt as recognition triggered inside her and she glanced up just in time to see her boyfriend disappear from sight.

Chloe smiled and felt her cheeks get rosy with warmth. She'd been dating Mark for nearly three months now. He worked as a lifeguard on the beach and was a great guy. He'd helped her move into her apartment and the two of them had even shared a few romantic moments over the weeks. Chloe remembered fondly how he'd surprised her with a kiss on their third date. It was a memory which made chills go up her spine and thrills swirl inside her stomach.

Mark was so strong and handsome. Every time he held her, she felt like putty in his arms. Each time they were together, she felt them getting closer. Chloe considered herself a woman of principle; however, she was finding it hard to resist the allure of letting Mark be the one to deflower her. He'd made a few overtures and she'd turned them down but she was starting to worry that if she held him off for too long he might start looking elsewhere for a woman to bed. If Mark really was going to be her one and only, she'd happily let him take her home in the near future.

Chloe started walking toward the back of the store, intent on seeing her boyfriend. As she went, thoughts of sleeping arrangements flashed through her mind and she blushed slightly. Even if Mark ended up not being the one she would spend the rest of her life with, she surely wouldn't be disappointed in the bedroom. Her big fear of wasting her precious first time on some loser didn't even enter her mind with Mark. He was so wonderful to her.

She rounded an endcap of snack food and turned into the next aisle. Her eyes immediately moved to the handsome sight of her boyfriend standing just a few steps away! Her heart quickly pumped warm blood throughout her chest and she took in a nervous breath to speak.

"Hi, Mark!" she said in a cheery and energetic voice.

Mark flinched and his blue eyes widened in surprise. He turned toward Chloe, an apprehensive expression on his face. He absently ran a hand through his dark brown hair, his mouth working as he tried to come up with a reply.