Yippee Ki-yay Kiawe!!

This chapter takes place a couple of days after the previous one.

Kiawe is on the reserve when some unexpected visitors arrive to help him out... or at least, that's what they say... Meanwhile, Ash is continuing to train the kids in Pokemon battling and adventuring.

This is another humorous chapter. I've wanted to introduce heavy comedy for a while now and I think it's working out quite well. I hope you enjoy. Please fell free to leave a comment or vote.

The morning sun slowly rose above the horizon in Pallet Town. The bright rays helped dispel some of the chill in the air as winter drew ever nearer. Kiawe sat on the grassy field in front of the main building, eyes closed, in silent meditation. His legs were crossed and his hands rested atop his knees. He liked to start every day out like this; calm, quiet and mindful.

He breathed in and slowly breathed out. His thoughts drifted to what he needed to do this day. He hoped to work a little more on the preparing the area where Ash planned to build the retaining wall. After that, he hoped to convince some of the flying types to help deliver berries across the reserve. It would be such a time-saving idea if he could make it happen.

The man from Alola arched his back and enjoyed the feeling of warm sun on his dark skin. He smiled faintly and then he felt a shadow fall over him. Something was standing right in front of him, blocking out the sun. Kiawe tensed slightly and hoped the Pokémon hadn't decided to try another unfunny prank on him. With a small grimace, he opened his eyes and stared straight into the piercing blue eyes of Lana, standing just a step away from him. She was slightly leaning toward him and had her arms folded behind her back.

Kiawe flinched in surprise and recoiled slightly. "LANA!!" he exclaimed.

Lana's lips turned upwards in a small, amused smirk. "Kiawe..." she replied in her usual, deadpan tone.

Kiawe was momentarily at a loss for words. He worked his mouth and then finally responded.

"What, are you doing here?!" he demanded.

Lana straightened up and let her arms fall to her sides. "I heard you needed some help taking care of this place," she said dryly.

Kiawe felt indignation rise up inside him. "What! I don't need any help!!" he said sharply.

"Oh yes you do, big brother!" a very familiar voice said from behind Lana. A moment later, Mimo leaned out to the side of the older, blue haired girl, sending Kiawe a critical look.

"MIMO!!" Kiawe exclaimed in surprise.

Mimo and Lana grinned and exchanged mischievous looks. They turned their gaze on Kiawe and waited for him to respond.

Kiawe finally shook off his shock and spoke in an animated tone. "How did you get here?!"

Mimo chuckled and spoke in a cynical manner. "So, there's this thing called an airplane..."

Kiawe growled and cut her off. "You know what I mean!" he said.

Mimo sniggered and then replied. "After I watched you getting eaten by that Victreebel , I called up Lana and she agreed that you need some help. You're in over-your-head big brother!"

Kiawe clinched his fists and his teeth. "I am not in over my head, Mimo!!" he bit back.

Mimo made a skeptical chortle before she planted her hands on her hips and narrowed her eyes. "You are sooo stubborn!" she said in a low voice. "You wouldn't say there was a problem even if the place was literally falling apart."

"There isn't a problem!!" Kiawe insisted.

Mimo shrugged and held up her arms as if she was out of ideas. She looked at Lana and spoke in a condescending tone.