In All the Wrong Places

This chapter takes place roughly the same time as the previous one.

Goh and Chloe have continued trying to find love in Vermilion City. They each have big plans for the night! Will they be successful?

This is a chapter full of humor, cringe, tense moments and adult situations. Fair warning, there's plenty of awkward and mature stuff in here. I hope you like the read!

Goh stared across the table and maintained eye contact with the woman sitting opposite him. With a subtle smile, he chuckled once and continued with his self-description.

"Basically, my goal was to catch all the different types of Pokémon in the world. Over time, I've started to focus more on learning about them and becoming their friends."

The woman blinked and nodded approvingly. "That's really cool, Goh," she said sweetly. "It sounds like you're a pretty good trainer."

Goh grinned and felt excitement rush through him. This was going really well!

"Eh, it's taken me a while to learn all of this," he said in a dismissive tone. "I've had a lot of people help me out along the way."

The woman canted her head to the side and her eyes sparkled. "So, what's your favorite Pokémon?" she asked.

Goh pursed his lips before answering in a proud voice. "Well, for the longest time, I really wanted to catch Mew and I thought of that as my favorite Pokémon. However, now, I like all of my Pokémon. They're all so different and neat. It's hard to pick just one."

The woman shifted her position and put her right elbow up on the table. She rested her chin on her right hand and stared at Goh with wonder in her eyes.

"I really like Pokémon too," she said in a happy voice. "I've always thought trainers were so brave, going on adventures and doing battles, like you hear about."

Goh felt like this was his opening. He slightly leaned toward the woman and put on his best suave expression.

"Well, I understand that. I've had a few close-calls myself."

A bashful expression formed on the girl's face. Her cheeks turned a bit rosy and her eyelids fluttered.

"Oh," she breathed. "What happened?"

Goh couldn't resist grinning and pausing a moment for dramatic effect. "So, this one time, I was actually trying to catch Mew as part of an elite capture team."

"Oh, wow!!" the woman replied in a soft voice.

Goh nodded and leaned closer toward the woman. "It was really dangerous!" he said in a low voice. "I was up the side of a mountain and Mew's attacks nearly caused it to collapse."

The woman's green eyes widened in surprise. "You actually saw Mew!!" she gasped, lowering her right arm so it rested flat on the table.

Goh grinned again. "Yep. I didn't catch it, but it was something I'll never forget."

The woman's eyes flicked downward for a moment before she met Goh's gaze. The look she sent him made his heart jump and his loins tense. She was interested!

"I've never met a trainer who battled a legendary Pokémon," she breathed, clearly enthralled by his story.

Goh swallowed as his heart began to race. Now was the time to make his move.

"Well, I've actually encountered more than just Mew," he replied.

A look of wonder and amazement formed on the girl's face. Before she could say anything, Goh continued.