Chapter 10: DJ Octavio

"Alright you two! This is it! I hope you're both ready!" Marie addressed you and Four, giving you both a little pep talk before you plunged into the unknown.

Weeks of preparation had brought you to this moment. The final boss kettle sat in front of you all, the other Zapfish safe and sound back home.

"Time to finish this. Rescue the Great Zapfish, defeat whoever's behind this, and bring Marie's cousin home!" You cheered with Echo soon joining you. A smilie spreading across Marie's face as she approached the two of you.

"You two have come so far in just a couple of weeks. It is astounding the amount of progress we made through Octo Canyon. I thank you both for risking everything for a complete stranger. You especially Y/N." She turned her head to face you. Her arms outstretched as she brought you into a hug. "Thank you for giving us a chance and helping us."

"I think it's me that should be thanking you two for trusting me to help! You gave me the chance to help! And I shall never ever forget how welcoming you've both been." You smiled as you returned the hug.

There was a pout from beside you, before you felt extra weight crash into you from the side. Echo had buried herself in your side, her arms wrapped tightly around you.

"Jealous much?~" You teases as she pouted again.

"Shut up!" Her muffled yell couldn't be taken seriously as you chuckled and laid your head against hers.

"I'm only joking." The two inklings kept hugging you for some time, until Marie finally broke off. Clearing her throat, she quickly became serious again.

"We cannot waste much more time. I shall as ever keep an eye on you both from here. And should you need my help....I'll be there." You nod as Echo let you go and equipped her hero shot from her back.

"You got it Marie!" She yelled and ran towards the kettle, jumping in as soon as she got there.

"Hard to keep up with her sometimes." You chuckle and grip your own splattershot. "We haven't let you down so far Marie. And we aren't about to now. This ends today." You gave her a confident look as you strode over to the kettle and lifted the lid.

"I know you won't. Go now." She gestured for you to leap in. You nod and climb down into the kettle, closing the lid behind you. "Good luck...."

Flicking the switch on the walkie talkie, she took a deep breath and waited for the two agents to begin their mission.

~

"There it is Y/N!" Four pointed at the platform on the other side of the massive gap.

"Is that...a stage?" You asked, pointing at the small structure in the middle of the platform. "And is there a crowd out there too? Can you hear that?"

You both fell silent to hear properly. There was cheering and chanting from across the way, confusing you and Four.

"Is that a person down there as well?" You nudged Four who was still in a state of confusion.

"Huh? Oh yeah! Them there? That definitely is a person! I wonder who it could be?" She stroked her chin with her fingers, but then shook her head and grabbed your hand. "Doesn't matter! We'll find out when we get down there! We still have a job to do!"

Without anymore waiting, she turned into her squid form and super jumped over to the other side with you clinging on so you didn't fall. Over the weeks and the many boss battles, you had grown accustomed to this and managed to perfect your landings.

Instead of landing in a heap on the floor, you landed on your feet with a confident smile on your face.

"Alright! Landing on my feet again! I'm getting used to this!" Your celebrations were quick as you heard the static from the walkie talkie, followed by Marie's voice.