Chapter 24: Leaving The Metro

"Are you having any sort of luck down there? How do you think you're all going to get out?" Marina asked over the walkie talkie.

With Eight already well on her way up to the surface, the rest of you were left with the task of finding a way to follow her. Almost as soon as the octoling had gone, you had started to rummage around in the pile of junk that remained after Three came in and destroyed the massive blender.

It was proving to be pretty difficult as you weren't sure how any of these pieces could be used to fashion a way to get out of the metro.

"It could be better..." You replied.

"I think all this is pretty useless as it quite literally makes a massive blender. There is only one thing that might be able to work...though it might be a long shot." You said while walking over to the now inactive telephone that was just laid on the ground.

"I can just about remember that when Eight and the Cap'n were trapped in the blender, the phone managed to somehow fly on the lid of the machine. I don't know if it would work now, but I think it's our best bet." You said, turning back to everyone else to see what their reactions were.

"If you think it works, then I trust ya! I haven't really got anything better!" Bobble said while rubbing the back of her neck.

"Well, we don't have many other options. And he's not like I can abandon you all and follow the octolings path. It's best that we all stick together. I shall go along with whatever plan we can come up with." Three gave her input, knowing that she too didn't really have any other solutions that would keep you all together.

Captain Cuttlefish then also stepped forward to voice his support for the idea, willing to do whatever it took to get back home. You were happy that your idea didn't seem like a long shot to everyone else. Truth be told, everyone just wanted to be out of the metro and back home on the surface.

"If you think it works Y/N, then please just go for it! It's better than nothing." Marina gave her input from over the walkie talkie.

"Alright! Let's see what we can do then!" You said as you crouched down and dragged the telephone along with the lid of the blender, before raising it back upright again.

It was relatively unscathed which was a relief. You weren't exactly sure how you were going to go about the next bit, but you wanted to at least try your best.

"If the phone was the one that was controlling it before...then that means we might need it to help us." You said while glancing at the inactive telephone.

"It's a risk, but isn't there anything else we can do that might make this a little safer?" Three asked as you shrugged your shoulders.

"I'm not sure. We'll just have to take the risk and go for it. If it works, it works. We just have to take chance and hope that it pays off for us." You said as you opened up the back of the phone.

There were still a few purple sparks coming out of the back of it as you tried to intricately rearrange the wires to see if you could spark it back into life.

"We may need the phone for this. Of things don't work out, then I can trust you right?" You asked as Three tilted her head and held her weapon a bit tighter.

"I will be swift to act yes. I know it wasn't your fault and you weren't in control of the situation, but I will still have my eye on you." She said.

"I understand. I was just stupid enough to let it talk to me too much. I won't make the same mistake twice." You said.

"I don't know if I'll be able to make these words come true...but I think I may be able to work with the wires in the phone. Perhaps I can make it so we have control over this platform." You said, getting to work on rearranging the wires.