Summer hots. 

Friday, June 13, 1985

Today was the day.

Today was the last day of school.

The last day of junior year.

Finally, only one year of school left.

You said bye to everyone. Your favorite teachers, your friends. And your bullies and your enemy's, gladly.

And of course, Michael.

You were gonna see Michael later of course, but until then, you'd miss him so you decided just to say goodbye.

But, the thing is.... You don't know where Michael is. The crowd was huge, and being y/h (your height) , you had no idea where he could possibly be. He's hard to find, even though he's unnecessarily tall for his age. But him being your best friend, it's a little easier to spot him from afar.

Michaels pov:

I said bye to my friends, then went off to look for y/n. She's kinda short, so I was hoping she didn't get trampled in the crowd. Lol.

'Where is she?' I thought to myself. Usually I can spot her from a mile away, but this time it was...different. I guess it's because everyone's trying to run to the exit doors as fast as they can for summer break.

"Ah, there she is." I said aloud. I pushed my way up to her, it being slightly easier because people would move out of my way due to my reputation.

"Hey n/n." (Nick name) I said, coming up behind her and hugging her from behind. She always smelled nice, like roses. The scent was comforting, it made me calm and it made me wanna fall asleep. But I resisted it, most of the time.

Y/ns POV:

I felt someone hug me from behind, then I heard his voice. I smelled him too. Not that I sniff him or anything- I just.. smell his cologne.

"Hey n/n" I heard him say behind my ear. I shuttered, blushing. That nickname flustered me, and he knew it. That's why he used it. Luckily, I had a nickname that flustered him too.

He moved to walk next to me and I began to speak.

"Hi, lover boy."

His face instantly reddened, becoming hot.

"Oh shush." He said.

Once my face had gone back to its normal color, I began to speak.

"So, are you ready for summer break?" I questioned.

"Yeah, I'm ready to have sleepovers with you every day." He replied

"Sleepovers, Michael? How childish of you." I teased.

"Don't act like you didn't ask to have one a week ago." He said while changing our direction to leave the building through the shortcut.

I was silent.

"Nothing to say, Hm? Well, how about we go get slushees and snacks so we can hang out at my place, sound like a good idea n/n?"

That damn nickname. Whered he even get it from?

"U-uh- yea! Yeah sure, sounds like a plan! I'll just have to tell my mom not to pick me up oka-"

I was cut off by us leaving out the outside doors as the humid, hot sun hit our faces.

"What the fuck, it's so humid and gross out! Ew!" I called out, squinting and putting my hand up as a attempt to block the sun from my poor eyes and my now flushed face.

"Gross, how do people like the summer. It's disgusting out." Michael agreed.

"I have no idea." I said.

"N/n, our siblings are probably out of school waiting for us. Let's pick them up then get everyone slushees, Hm?"

I'll just ignore it this time.

"Yeah! Just let me call my mom."

I went over to the public phone, and put in a quarter I had in my pocket.

Ring....

Ring....

Ring....

"Hello?"

"Hey mom! Don't pick me up, I'm going with Mike, don't worry, we'll pick up my siblings and his! I'll be at his house if you need me."

"Alright sweetie. Be safe, love you! Bye bye now."

"Bye mom."

Michael waited for me to walk away towards him then put his arm around me, being the protective boy he is. I don't mind it, I just blushed a little. Not that I have feelings or anything... though everyone says we do.

"Ready doll?" Michael asked.

"Ready mikey!" I Said.

Michael opened the passenger door for me, I got in and he closed it. He went over to his side and got his keys out his pocket before getting in. The car smelled like his vanilla cologne he always wears. Not to strong, but comforting. It makes me wanna sleep, and if I'm tired I'll usually give in. Not that I have a choice.

Michael started the car then we started to drive off. He turned on the radio and Welcome to the Jungle by Guns N' Roses started playing on the radio, funny that it's his favorite song, and mine too.

We started to sing our hearts away, driving off to pick up our siblings.

First chapter done! Hope you guys liked it! :)

-Ezzie