A mistake youve made.

PLAYING: Washing Machine Heart - mitski

"Why not me?"

TW; minor gore
———————————————————————————————
Monday

I laughed as Michael and I joked around, icecream that we got from the icecream truck melting from the sun.

"Alright, bye love!" I yelled out to Michael, walking to my house after school.

I walked in to the putrid, sickening smell of iron. But, I saw my parents car in the driveway.

They must be home from their trip! I excitedly proceeded on into the house, ignoring the gross smell. Probably just something they brought home.

Suddenly, I stepped in something liquidy. And rather- sticky.

And red.

I looked down.

And there it was.

My parents.

Dead.

On the fucking floor.

I screamed.

At the top of my lungs.

The loudest I've ever screamed.

I cried.

I crumbled onto the ground, desperately trying to wake them up.

"Mom? Dad? Please. Wake up! Please..." I sobbed, shaking them.

I looked down at myself.

I was covered in blood.

The last thing I had left of them.

I screamed for the only person I could think to scream for.

Michael.

"MICHAEL!" I screamed as loud as I could.

He came running out the house and ran all the way into mine.

"Y/N WHATS WRO-"

I'm guessing he saw it too, he paused.

I looked at him, his facial expression was unreadable.

"What the fuck..." Michael said, inching closer to me.

I got up and hugged Michael, and he hugged back, despite me being covered in blood.

"Hey hey hey- don't cry, it's okay." Michael said, trying his best to comfort me in this horrible moment.

I thought about the last few memories I had of my parents. My dad making me breakfast, my mom teasing me about Michael.

I thought about how they would never be able to see my biggest moments, like me having kids, they wouldn't be able to help me find a prom dress, I would have to attend their funeral early. I wouldn't get to see them grow old, I have to see them here, on the floor. Dead.

"I-I'm gonna call Henry, okay? Just stay there..." Michael told me, pulling away from me, him now being covered in blood.

I drowned out the noise with memories, countless memories. My first day of school with them, going to theme parks, going to see movies, them buying me toys, pictures, videos, them letting me hold my baby siblings, how they won't get to live the rest of their innocent lives with their parents, but in a foster home, separated from eachother, having to just accept a new family.

I sobbed, I sobbed so hard. I couldn't breathe.

Michaels POV

I called Henry, my breath quickening as I saw the blood on my clothes.