November Rain

The next morning I awoke and heard rain pattering on the windows of my room. I yawned and stretched as I laughed at a memory of last night.

   "I seek lost cat
I find the devils ass I FUCK I FUCK." Swiss was laughing as he read the card and the rest of us joined in clutching our stomachs in pain. "Who- who put that card down" he choked on laughter. Dew raised his hand still laughing.

    Dew showed a part of his true self to me last night and I could not stop laughing at that. Rain was right he was really funny.

I heard a knock on my door which I assumed was Swiss but was a bit surprised when I saw Sister Imperator standing there holding something in her hand.

"Good morning (Y/n) I forgot to give this to you yesterday and it will definitely help you out." She stuck her hand out to give me the calendar. "You will need it." She said then left. I closed the door then looked at the calendar in my hand. It had the moon phases and the different full moons.

December 24 blood moon

Great there is a blood moon on Christmas Eve. It's not liked it mattered we probably don't celebrate it here it makes sense why. I would still like to get everyone gifts because I would like to show how grateful I am for all of them. I'll ask Rain about it. I should get him art supplies from the art store I found when I came here. It's been a bit since I left the church so I should probably get out soon.

I went to the courtyard with some extra food for Rain. The rain was heavy now so it was probably only going to be me doing chores today because everyone else works outside and I need to water and fix up the flowers and veggies in the greenhouse. I noticed that one of the tables in the courtyard was missing as I was running to the greenhouse. I opened up the door to find Rain sitting at one of the stolen tables that was now in the greenhouse drawing something in his sketchbook.

   "Ah hello love I was nervous you weren't going to be here." He looked up and smiles as I put the food down in front of him.

    I have a question. I told him he then looked nervous.

    "What's up?" He asked reluctantly.

    I know you guys probably don't celebrate Christmas but I want to get everyone gifts would that be weird? I asked the water ghoul.

   "Oh that's what you wanted to ask? I mean we kinda do celebrate. Copia always tries to sneak us out so we could get gifts for each other or he makes a list of things we want to get for each other. But you don't have to get us anything you do enough for us." He spoke while closing his sketchbook to look at me and eat the food I got him.

    Oh please I'm going to get you guys something. But also how do you sneak out of you don't mind me asking? I mean not to be rude but you guys definitely stick out. I asked trying to word it politely.

    "You're not being rude I completely forgot that you don't know. Basically we can make ourselves appear to be human. We don't do it very much because it can be extremely exhausting so we really only do it once a year." He told me.

   Really that's so cool! When do you guys start shopping? because we have less then a month to get these gifts. I asked him.

   "I think me Swiss and Aether are going to go tomorrow. I would invite you but I'm getting your gift tomorrow." He said a little excitedly and with a huge smile.

   Rain please you don't have to get me anything. I told him with a huge smile on my face. I truly didn't want him to get me anything honestly if we just got to hang out I would be happy.

   "Nope I'm getting you something because I know no matter what I tell you you're gonna get everyone else a gift." He chuckled crossing his arms with a sly smile. I playfully rolled my eyes and smiled.

    You know me so well darling. I hummed out a laugh. He looked at me his gaze softened as he heard me laughed like he always did when I laughed or hummed. This time though he looked at me a bit longer then normal though. Is everything alright? I asked concerned.

   "Everything is going perfectly." He smiled warmly at me then he ate another bite of his food. His tail the perked up a bit then he looked back up at me. "Have you ever been to the library?" He asked. I shook my head no and his eyes went wide. "Really!? You would love it there." He told me looking at me.

   I'll check it out soon. I have to go change I'll be right back. I waved bye to go and change into my uniform. I saw Jordan standing by my door before I could go in.

   "Hey (Y/n) we were wondering if you could work by yourself because of the rain?" She asked with fake kindness. I only nodded because then it would only be me and Rain in the courtyard and I would only have to do the greenhouse. "Great thank you so much." She smiled then walked away. It made me feel sick, I did all this work for them and they do nothing in return but give me weird side eyes every time I was around them.

   I made it back to the greenhouse with my gloves and uniform on as I picked some veggies while I put them in my basket to give to the kitchen later. I was putting the basket by my feet when I felt someone behind me and with the shadow in front of me I knew it was Rain. I turned around to Rain just kinda standing there.

   Can I help you? I asked confused on what he was doing.

   "What do you want for Christmas?" He asked.

   What do you want? I asked back.

   "I asked you first love." He smiled.

   I let out a little hum as if I was thinking. I don't need anything. What do you want? I asked again smiling.

   "I don't need anything either love." He smiled at me.

   Whatever I'm still getting you something! I smiled up at him.

   "Same to you love!"

Word count 1111
Working on a Dew x OC story if y'all are interested!