IX. Fama crescit eundo

MADAM POMFREY INSISTED ON KEEPING AURORA IN THE HOSPITAL WING FOR THE REST OF THE WEEKEND

MADAM POMFREY INSISTED ON KEEPING AURORA IN THE HOSPITAL WING FOR THE REST OF THE WEEKEND. She didn't argue or complain, but she wouldn't let her throw away the shattered remnants of her Nimbus Two Thousand. She knew she was being stupid, knew that the Nimbus was beyond repair, but Aurora couldn't help it; he felt as though she'd lost one of her best friends.

"You know I can..." started Hades

"I already have one, but thank you Hades." said Aurora

She had a stream of visitors, all intent on cheering her up, no one of them did. Hagrid sent her a bunch of earwiggy flowers that looked like yellow cabbages. The Gryffindor team visited again on Sunday morning, this time accompanied by Wood, who told Aurora (in a hollow, dead sort of voice) that she didn't blame him in the slightest. Theo, Blase, Luna, Daphne and Pansy left Aurora's bedside only at night- But nothing anyone said or did could make Mia feel any better, because they knew only half of what was troubling her.

She didn't dare to say to anyone about her mother nor about her Father or her Uncle's and Aunt's death, partly because no matter how much she tried to forget she never did. Her brother Atlas the only family that she has left told her over and over again, that it wasn't her fault, it was neither's fault. But Aurora knew better, she knew Atlas still punished himself for his parents death, no matter how many times she said to him it wasn't his fault he wouldn't say anything or would agree with her reluctantly. She knew every morning he beats himself up because he wasn't able to save his parents that night. Aurora doesn't blame him after all she does the same.

"Aurora you can't change the past." said Atlas

"I know." Said Aurora

"Your parents are at peace i can assure you that." Said Hades

Zeus, Poseidon, Athena and Bellona shot Hades thankful looks.

The second thing she hasn't told to anyone was the Grim, not even Blase, Daphne, Luna -Theo and Pansy, because she knew Blase, Daphne and Luna would panic while Theo and Pansy would scoff.
The fact remained, however, that it had now appeared twice, and both appearances had been followed by near-fatal accidents; the first time, she had nearly been attacked by a monster No shocker but what the shocking was it looked similar to the Grim; the second, fallen fifty feet from her broomstick. Was the Grim going to haunt her until she actually died? Was she going to spend the rest of her life looking over her shoulder for the beast. It wasn't a shock in Demi Gods life that they should always be cautious of a monster but now a grim too?
And then there were the dementors. Mia felt sick and humiliated every time she thought of them. Everyone said the dementors were horrible, but no one else collapsed every time they went near one. No one else heard echoes in their head of their dying parents.

Because Aurora knew who that screaming voice belonged to, she figured it out rather quickly. She had heard her words, heard them over and over again during the night hours in the hospital wing while she lay awake, staring at the strips of moonlight on the ceiling. When the dementors approached her, he heard the last moments of her mother's life and that awful night when her whole Family died the Blacks, her attempts to protect her, Aurora, from Lord Voldemort, and Voldemort's laughter before he murdered her.... mother... Aurora dozed fitfully, sinking into dreams full of clammy, rotted hands and petrified pleading, jerking awake to dwell again on her mother's voice.