LIV. Amor vincit omnia

𝕸𝖆𝖝𝖎𝖒𝖎𝖑𝖎𝖆𝖓'𝖘 𝕻𝖔𝖎𝖓𝖙 𝖔𝖋 𝖁𝖎𝖊𝖜:

It was midnight in the Underworld and I doing some last minute work in my room when I heard a knock on my door.

With sipping whisky, I called. "Come in."

Hades walked into my room. He looked nervous?

"Maximilian." Hades said.

"Hades" I said looking up. "Please." I said point at the spot next to my dark blue sofa.

Hades nodded and sat down beside me.

I waited for him to begin speaking.

"You seem upset." I stated. He looked at me more closely, he had his head pointed towards the ceiling.

"Just thinking." He replied meekly.

"It's about Aurora, isn't it?" I guessed

Hades smiled softly, everything was about her. "Always." He answered.

It was a peaceful night and we both fell into a comfortable silence.

I eyed him carefully, "Tell me about her." I broke the silence between us.

"What do you want to know?"

"Anything, everything. What makes her stand out?" I asked.

Hades couldn't help but laugh, what didn't make her special?

"That's true." Poseidon said.

"She's different." He replied. I gave him a look and opened my mouth to say something, but he cut me off.

"Since the beginning of time I have met every soul that has entered the underworld. I have seen what human greed and lust does to people. It taints their souls black, it brings out the worst in them." Hades had captured my attention now, so he continued.

"After a while you realize how disgusting these species is, maybe not all of them do horrific things, but they all have something to hide. When I saw Aurora for the first time, I knew she was special. There was light and also darkness that seemed to pour from her soul, No matter what she did or how many crimes she committed her soul always glowed and was always both tainted with black and white." Hades was in a daze now as he thought about her.