XLI. Pulvis et umbra sumus

𝕬𝖚𝖗𝖔𝖗𝖆'𝖘 𝕻𝖔𝖎𝖓𝖙 𝖔𝖋 𝖁𝖎𝖊𝖜:

AURORA WAS DEBATING ON GOING TO RETRIEVING HER SISTER, nevertheless she was here, in front of her half-sister's house.

"Well this is just amazing." Verena said

After much reluctance she rang the doorbell. A few minutes later a girl merely thirteen years old opened the door, she had a smile on her face which reminded Aurora of her own.

"Hello." Aurora said. "Do you happen to be Veronica Prince?"

The girl scrunched her nose, "Yes, I am, and you are?" The girl surprisingly had British Accent.

"Aurora Ashford, your half-sister." Aurora said holding out her hand.

But Veronica didn't shook her hand she straight up hugged Aurora. She winced a bit but quickly recovered, when she released her, Veronica smiled at her once more before inviting her in, and calling some servants to bring some tea.

"That's not what I expected." Atlas said.

"Me neither." Aurora said

The scene changed to Aurora and Veronica drinking tea.

"So Veronica—" Aurora started to say.

"Nikki." Veronica said. "I go with Nikki, I was named Veronica after my grandmother which I loathe. So I got a nickname for myself, Nikki."

"I didn't know that before." I said to myself

"Oh, I didn't know that, apologies, Nikki." Aurora said, putting down her cuppa.

"Oh it's alright." Nikki said smiling.

"I suppose you want to know the reason behind my arrival." Aurora said

Nikki nodded.

"Nikki, what do you know about our mother?" Aurora asked.

Now Nikki put down her cup. "Never met her she died."

The Usual Aurora thought.

"So everyone assumes their godly parent died?" Nikki asked.

"My mother told me my father was lost at sea." Percy said. Aurora and the sea crew snorted.

"That's actually not so far off." Hades said. Zeus nodded amused.

"And what do you know about Roman Gods?" Aurora asked

"You mean Jupiter and Neptune and all that?"

"Yes."

"Yeah, great myths."

Atlas, Daemon, Wilder snorted.

While Jupiter and Neptune looked insulated.

Aurora laughed. "What would you say if I said they are real and our mother was one of them."