XXX. Vincit omnia veritas

STARING INTO HER  MOTHER'S STATUE, almost made Aurora insane

STARING INTO HER MOTHER'S STATUE, almost made Aurora insane.

The statue was made out of marble, she didn't know if this was the exact portrayal of her mother, but besides this and the statue in Atlantis of her mother, she had no other portrayals of her, no other proof that she was alive.

Poseidon saddened as he ducked his head down, stopping tears from escaping.

They said her mother along with her sister Rhea stopped attack.... Something that her daughter, Aurora wasn't able to do.

"It's not your fault, Aurora." Octavian said. "You were on Juno's mission."

Aurora sighed.

She wondered what her mother would say to her now, what would she say?! Would she be proud of her?!

"Yes. She would." Poseidon said to his daughter.

Celeste's statue was made out of white statuario marble. She held a sword which was quite similar to her daughter's, she was surrounded by violets, Everything, down to each detail in her  praetor armour and cloak, was done perfectly with the marble with sparks of gold.

"No statue or painting can describe your mother's beauty, Mea." Poseidon said.

Next the mural was a little latin plaque, listing years and titles and achievements - and cause of death.

"The Daughter of Saturn and Ops; The Last Ashford/Devlin; Tamer of the Seas; Part of the first all female coalition praetorship; Fourteen years in legion; Slayer of the gorgons; Bester of Sirens; Slayer of Titans; Protected the Camp from Titans' attacks along with her sister Aurelia Acheron.... to name a few. Died protecting her Daughter, Andromeda Ashford."

"I should've interfered and stopped Celeste's plan." Bellona said.

"Yes. You should've." Poseidon said sharply to Bellona.

Aurora shook her head stopping tears from escaping. Everything was this stupid mural's fault, this stupid tradition that was started not even two hundred years ago.

Right at the end of the American civil war, it seemed. If there was anything before that, they didn't know.

Aurora glanced at the glow at the end of the tunnel a few hundred years away; the full entrance to her territory.

Aurora knew if she stayed any longer here she would become a weeping mess. Yet her legs didn't acquiesce her mind. They wouldn't move. No matter how much her brain urged the feet to move.

Her mother's grave was lost, at least that's what the Romans told her, while her father told her she was buried in a safe place, which the father daughter visited each day.