26. Officially a new start

(Mature content)

The days until the weekend seemed to drag on forever. Luan worked extra hard to get all his homework done, even going as far as asking his teachers for next weeks homework. He wanted to be absolutely free to aid Thoma however he needed and for the latter to not feel like he was impeding on Luan's school life.

After messaging back and forth, Thoma was going to have Luan wait at his house for him. Charlie would bring him from the hospital. Luan first stopped at the grocery store to pick up everything they might be craving.

Luan set to work making some curry and rice for their dinner. He set the bar for the meal before realizing that Thoma would have to eat on the couch. He heard the passcode being typed in and ran his fingers through his hair. He had no idea what he looked like right now.

He heard voices in the doorway and walked out casually, trying to act like he hadn't been anxiously waiting for Thoma to arrive.

Thoma's serious face broke out into a smile when he saw Luan come into view. Thoma gestured for Charlie to wheel him over to Luan and he obliged. He hugged him around his waist and Luan did his best to hug him back.

"Well I see you're all settled." Charlie said with a grin and handed Luan Thoma's bags.

"Won't you stay for dinner?" Luan asked but Thoma turned his head and apparently whatever face he made at Charlie wasn't agreeable.

Charlie laughed and shook his head. "No thank you, though. You guys enjoy your time together." He said and just like that he was gone.

Thoma pulled Luan into his lap and hugged him tighter. Luan worried that their combined weight would make the thing snap.

"Hey, Thoma.." he said and tried to free himself from Thoma's grip.

"No," Thoma pouted and pulled him back to him but Luan was sure he heard a loud crack.

"Dinner is on the stove I have to go check on it," Luan begged and he turned back to Thoma.

"Give me a kiss and I'll release you," he said and closed his eyes.

Luan felt like teasing him. He grabbed Thoma's face in his hands and pecked his cheek before swiftly getting out of Thoma's grasp.

"You little..." Thoma groaned and tried to grab at him but Luan was already scurrying into the kitchen.

Everything was ready and he helped Thoma onto the couch. He prepared their plates and set one in front of Thoma.

"Oh I forgot drinks. What can I get you?" He asked and poured himself some water. He looked back to Thoma who sat staring at his food.

Luan walked back over to him and sat beside him. "Everything okay?"

Thoma shook his head as if to clear it and nodded to him. "Oh, yeah sorry. Water is fine for me."

Luan went to fetch Thoma's drink and they both set to eating. "Can I put something on the tv?" Luan asked and Thoma nodded.

They ate in relative silence other than the occasional small talk and after dinner Luan washed their dishes and came back to sit beside Thoma. He half expected Thoma to pull him into his lap but after glancing over at him, he saw that Thoma was lost in thought again.

He gingerly reached his hand over and placed it on top of Thomas'. "Whats wrong? You keep spacing out."

Thoma sighed and leaned back into the couch. "I'm sorry to worry you," was all he said and Luan wanted to push further but figured Thoma wanted to keep his thoughts to himself.

"Ready for bed? I'll help you," Luan offered and Thoma shook his head.

"Not yet. Can I just hold you?" Thoma asked and Luan scooted closer to him and snuggled into Thoma's side.

"I..." Thoma started to say and softly rub Luan's arm that was around his stomach, "I haven't been doted on since I was married," he said and Luan stayed silent. "It just made me remember how I felt then versus how things are now... and I just feel so completely helpless. You are taking care of me, cooking for me, checking on me constantly. It's making me feel somehow... like less of a man." Thoma admitted and Luan hugged him tighter.

Luan found it endearing that Thoma rambled when he was upset. It was vastly different from his other relationships where his boyfriends would clam up, always lie or stay silent and then blow up at him.

"I'm sorry if I've made you feel that way. But I feel privileged to take care of you in your time of need. Please don't be worried about inconveniencing me. I'll also leave my phone on tonight so if you need anything just call..." Thoma interrupted Luan with a kiss.

This kiss felt heavier and more urgent than all of the kisses before. Luan gasped when Thoma's tongue teased his bottom lip and he opened his mouth to let him in. Luan leaned up and crawled onto Thoma's lap while grabbing his face with both hands, deepening their kiss even further.

Thoma could only touch him with one hand and he'd set it on Luan's thigh, gripping it hard in his hand and slowly making his way to his ass. Thoma grabbed his ass hard and Luan was startled. He broke away from Thoma and they caught their breath for a second.

"I don't think we should..." Luan stammered to find the words. Thoma smiled and gave him a quick kiss on his cheek.

"Don't worry. I would never do anything you're uncomfortable with. Plus I want to wait until I can love you properly," he said and motioned to his casts.

Luan blushed and put his arms around Thoma's shoulder. "Aren't you nervous?" Luan asked suddenly and he felt Thoma tense.

"To have sex with you?" Thoma asked and Luan blushed harder and redder.

"Well...yea..yes. I mean what if we get down to it and you..can't?" Luan said, his embarrassing true feelings revealed. It'd been something he'd been scared of ever since Thoma revealed his feelings. Liking someone's personality was one thing, even liking their looks was simple. But to get to your most vulnerable state and possibly be rejected? Luan didn't know how he'd react.

"You mean.." Thoma said and started to squeeze Luan's thighs again and kiss his neck. Luan sighed at the softness of his lips and gasped when Thoma began to suck on the soft skin right under his ear. Luan began to feel Thoma's dick hardening under him and he swallowed hard. "You don't think I'm attracting to you sexually? Does this help prove anything for you?" Thoma teased him and began groping him further under his shirt.

He slid his fingertips slowly across Luan's back and down his spine, causing goosebumps to rise on his skin. His hand made his way to his stomach and twirled circles, making Luan giggle and hug him tighter. His hand traveled further and Luan froze when Thoma's finger rubbed his nipple and he pressed his thumb into it.

"Ahh, Thoma," Luan said softly and Thoma began kissing his neck again. Everywhere his fingers traveled aroused Luan and he decided he needed to stop Thoma's actions before the point of no return.

Luan grabbed Thoma's hand through his shirt and shook his head. "Please stop.. for now." He begged and Thoma smirked at him. "You're very sensitive, Lu."

Luan hid his face in the crook of Thoma's neck and willed his erection to calm down.

Luan repeated gross things until he'd calmed down enough and he slid off Thoma's lap. "I think we should both get to bed." He said finally and Thoma readied himself to be helped up.

He helped Thoma maneuver around his not wheelchair friendly bathroom. Luan did his best not to stare when he helped Thoma strip down to his underwear for bed but his eyes looked him up and down. Thoma's body was nice for an office worker but it didn't appear he exercised. His arms looked toned though and the V lines right above his underwear... Luan stopped himself. He'd just calmed down.

After helping Thoma from his wheelchair to his bed, Luan kissed Thoma's head and tried to leave but Thoma pulled him back for a final goodnight kiss.

"Goodnight Lu. I'll see you in the morning," Thoma said with a soft smile.

"Goodnight Thoma," Luan replied and softly closed the door after shutting off the lights.