Pre-Party

"You're going to be in trouble." "Come on bro, we'll be back before they even know we're gone." Lo'ak whispered to his older brother Neteyam. The girl next to them looked nervously around. Her many freckles glowing in the dark.

"When has that ever been true?" The girl hissed under her breath. Her hand was gripping Neteyam's forearm to try and prevent them from sneaking off. "You won't snitch." Lo'ak shrugged. Her face grew sour at the statement. "Hey, come on Viryn." Neteyam came between the two of them. "Come with us." Lo'ak made a face at his brother's suggestion. "Bring her along? Are you serious-?"

The two older Na'vi teens shushed Lo'ak as his voice grew louder. "It's just a little fun, and others will be there." Neteyam whispered to Viryn. "You'll worry all night, so you might as well come to keep us safe." Viryn rolled her eyes at the light teasing tone and let go of Neteyam's forearm. "Go, I clearly can't stop you. But don't come to me when you get yelled at." She sighed and crossed her arms. "See you tomorrow to get our ikran." Neteyam grinned.

Viryn was already walking away and waved away his parting words. "We're going to be late all thanks to your girlfriend." Lo'ak complained as the two jogged away. Neteyam looked over his shoulder one more time to check on Viryn's retreating form. "She's not my girlfriend." Lo'ak rolled his eyes. "You're promised to each other, and you like it. That's a girlfriend." Neteyam grinned and gently pushed away Lo'ak's face away. "You want to go to the party or what?" He rushed ahead on the massive vines that connected each of the floating mountains with Lo'ak following quickly after.

The girl sauntered over to the base. Easily weaving through the many people who were beginning to settle in for the night. "Merq'ena?" Viryn looked around for her friend. "You're back." Another teen girl rose from her seating place and walked over. "He went, and no doubt his parents are going to come and ask me about it."  Merq'ena lowered her forehead to look through her long lashes at Viryn. "He expects you to cover him?" "And Lo'ak."

The two walked away from the area Merq'ena was sitting in and towards a hut. A few other teens their age were already sitting inside. Viryn slumped down in the tent and hissed away the younger children who were nosily peaking at them through the entrance. "I don't want to think about him." Viryn gestured so that it looked like she pulled an imaginary thought bubble away from her head. "Instead, let's get to tomorrow."

Merq'ena eased herself across of Viryn while waving at the younger children as they giggled away. "We're getting our own ikrans!" She said eagerly. Even in the dim lighting Merq'ena's featured were well lit. Her yellow eyes were bordered with long lashes and her glossy pink lips curled into an excited smile. Full cheeks were a feature both girls shared but the similarities ended there. Viryn squealed slightly. "I know! I can't wait!" Viryn pulled out a thick band from the belt around her hips. "We're going to tie their mouths shut with these before we get the chance to bond. Though, I'm more worried about their wings." "Well at least that's one less chance of injury." Merq'ena grinned.

"Viryn?" The two girls snapped their heads towards the younger voice. "The Olo'eyktan is looking for you." Viryn looked to Merq'ena knowing full well what that meant. "Coming." She moved out of the tent and followed the younger Na'vi child. Once she exited the tent she could see her leader standing near by. His expression was one of concern which no doubt deepened the worry lines on his face. "I see you." Viryn greeted the much taller leader. She was on the taller side for a girl her age but the Olo'eyktan was so tall she had to turn her head up.

"Viryn, I'm sorry to interrupt you the night before your rite, but-." "Neteyam is missing?" She finished for him. "Yes, have you seen him?" This was a common occurrence. Whenever their eldest son was away their first thought was to go to her. In all honesty she wouldn't consider herself his best friend, that title probably went to one of his siblings. But when he was away it seemed that he was often with her. At least according to his parents. Viryn shrugged. "I wanted to prepare for tomorrow so I left after dinner." This was the actual truth, but it didn't lessen the weight of having to deceive her leader. In the Na'vi language there is no word for lie, she learned about the concept from the Sully family.