Superman

The fight had began before Viryn was even done wiping the blood from her hands. She snapped her head in the direction the sound of guns firing and sucked in a breath through her teeth. Viryn mounted Kri and made tsaheylu. She dove into combat, her bow lifted and the arrow already pulled back to her cheek.

Her hair was flying behind her as they soared. She shot at the ships. Her arrow looking massive as it pierced the flesh of the invaders. It was frantic, a true battle field that she had never experienced to such an extent. Viryn let out a battle cry like Neytiri did after seeing the sinking ship with the red blood mixing into the clear ocean water.

Flying past ships and even having to avoid other ikran Viryn made good use of her arrows. The yellow fletchings sticking out of her victims like a calling card. War, there was no time for her to think of the damage she was doing. She had to get rid of as many of them as she could so that at least one less of them managed to come back.

She let out a hiss as a plane on the deck was about to take off. Reaching into her quiver she felt her supply was lower than it had ever been. Taking one of the few she had left Viryn pulled it back and aimed for its wings.

"You have to get the pilot or the wings to kill one." Jake had told them on their first briefing. In the Omaticaya she remembered huddling with Merq'ena to listen wide eyed at her Olo'eyktan's stories. The way he told them made it feel like he was speaking of myths with heroes carved out of stone. Now she was putting those lessons to use.

She let the arrow fly. The bright yellow fading until it buried itself into the glass front where the pilot was sitting. The ship was still airborne and moving forward so she reloaded her bow. This time she shot at the wing.

A small explosion lit up and the attack plane swerved to away and crashed into the ship. A scream that sounded familiar made Viryn halt her attack. She let out a bird call that ended in a trill as she retreated from the fight. A similar call responded back to her. Merq'ena.

Viryn flew around the ship. She ducked past skimwings and shot at the small boats the Sky People were using to stay afloat. Her eyes were busy trying to search for Merq'ena while still flying over and under the other. Her heart was working hard as it hammered in her head. It was going so fast that she could feel the pumping at her finger tips.

"Merq'ena!" She shouted while frantically flying around the ship. Kri let out a shriek as they swerved away from gun shots. The ship was still well manned with many personnel still alive and kicking.

The girl had to pull away from the ship, and maneuver herself above it. The shiny metal roof with propeller like machines protruding from it remained still. Viryn picked up the last of her arrows and had Kri hover over the top.
She jumped down and rolled to not crumble under the pressure she put on her ankles.

Viryn flipped her hair over her shoulder before stalking on the roof. Her eyes and ears rapidly changing directions to make sure she was the only one on it. There was a whirring sound that startled and and snapped her attention.

In a second she sucked in a breath and lifted the arrow to her cheek. There was a black lens staring at her like a big black eye. She narrowed her eyes at it and waited for it to move again, it just kept starting at her. Unblinking and cold,.

She snarled before lowering her arrow. Viryn crouched low to the ground and saw that it was following her, the same whirring noise coming from the movement. Viryn took her arrow off of her bow string and lifted it up to the glass. It looked like a camera, a larger version of the tiny ones ok Kiri's tablet.

Maybe that lens acted as the ship's eyes. Viryn pulled the arrow back and shoved it through the glass, a small series of sparks ignited from her act. The girls recoiled at the feel of a hot ember scorch her finger.