Chase

Viryn noticed that Lo'ak was sneaking off. He thought he was so sneaky by pulling away while everyone else was busy going to warn the tulkun but Viryn knew the moment he entered the crowd he was going to be up to something. "Stay, I'll talk to him." Neteyam whispered in her ear before walking after his brother.

Merq'ena who was already standing next to Viryn narrowed her eyes. "You don't think he's going to see Payakan, do you?" The tattooed girl looked at Viryn to make sure the idea was not possible. But it was, it very much was possible. "We need to get our stuff." Viryn tugged Merq'ena's arm and the two girls hurried to their tent.

"Why does he have to do everything the hard way?" Viryn muttered with a small scowl. She lifted her bow and pulled it around her torso. Even if they were going to leave for only a second she refused to go out with the Sky People lurking around unarmed. "He's his father's son." Merq'ena smirked as she reached for her dagger. The sharp blade fit firmly into its sheath.

"Bows won't work well when they're wet." Merq'ena said while looking at the Viryn's bow. The right side of the winged charm looked like it was almost flapping around with each turn. "Which is why I'm not taking the ilu." Viryn placed the head gear from inside a box and lowered it onto her head.

"I'll take your bow with me. In case you need it." Viryn also lifted Merq'ena's bow from the rack and the two took a moment to catch their breaths. Fight or no fight, they will prepare to defend Lo'ak.

The sister rushed over to the dock, be able to see a confrontation between Lo'ak and Neteyam. "You follow him, I'll deal with Neteyam." Merq'ena nodded at Viryn's suggested and approached the squabbling brother. Merq'ena stepped to them first and and a hand on the younger boy's shoulder. "Lo'ak go, we might not have much time." Merq'ena pointed to Lo'ak's ilu who was already saddled.

Lo'ak and Neteyam froze for a moment in surprise. During that time Merq'ena saddled her own ilu jumped in. "I will fly with you just go." Viryn nudged Lo'ak to go after Merq'ena which he did almost instantly.

"Wait what? You're helping him?" Neteyam turned to Viryn. "Payakan saved his life." Viryn reached for Neteyam's forearm. A gesture meant to comfort and distract him while Merq'ena followed close behind Lo'ak. "And now he's his brother. We must help him." Viryn spoke earnestly with a slight shake of Neteyam's arm.

Neteyam looked at her frustrated. They both knew that when they got back they would have to face the consequences. No doubt Jake would be on their tails and they could be grounded. "Not you too." Neteyam whispered to her. A small pang of guilt welled in her chest. They were supposed to support each other, she was the only person he felt he could lean on and now she was going against their orders to help his little brother get in trouble again.

"If not for gratitude, then for honour." Viryn lifted her hand to rest over Neteyam's heart. "We can not do nothing with a life in danger." She looked pleadingly to him. "Lo'ak!" Tsireya arrived with Aonung and Rotxo on ilu. "Where's Heryl?" Viryn asked as she and Neteyam turned to them. "Warning Valkren." Tsireya responded while looking into the distance with Lo'ak and Merq'ena.

Viryn nodded and let out a call. "Where's he going?" Tsireya asked panicked. Kri screeched back. His sound causing Aonung and Rotxo to flinch. "To Payakan." Viryn answered the girl. "I'm going after him." Viryn looked specifically to Neteyam. An apologetic tilt in her head. "He will alone if he has to. I'd rather he have us there to protect him." Viryn turned around and looked over to the sky. The familiar dark blue shape already getting into positron. Kri angled himself so that his right wing was dipped into the water and his back with his saddle facing Viryn as he moved close to the dock.

Viryn leaped forwards and grabbed onto the handle with one hand. Her feet pressing against the seat of the saddle to keep some security in her position. When Kri felt her hold on he flipped fully back into his usual position with his stomach facing the ocean, Tsaheylu was quickly made and Viryn crouched into the saddle, Merq'ena's bow was strapped to one of the leather loops near the back of the saddle.