Sorry

^listened to this like 50 times while writing this book

The hour was golden as it lit up the ocean in its beauty. Viryn smiled at the feel of the sun on her skin the warmth bringing her some comfort. Tuk happily skipped back to their tent while pulling Viryn's hand behind her. Merq'ena and Kiri stayed behind, their arms linked.

They had completed a lot of learning in the short amount of time. Kiri was a far better teacher than she gave herself credit for. "Blue." Viryn mumbled to herself as she looked at the ocean.

Thanks to the lowering sun the ocean reflected the many warm tones that painted the sky. Nothing could compare the the vision the sunsets and rises were in the rainforest. Where there was a rustle of leaves from the morning breeze and the symphony of animals that were waking up from their sleep or going down for the day.

But it was close. The crystal clear ocean calmly crashing onto the white sand shores was constant. A certain background noise that made sure to not leave her in the quiet. The water sent sprays onto the girls as it slapped up onto the rocks.

It looked as if each wave was reaching for something in their possession before retreating back to the ocean. Viryn squeezed as much excess water from her hair, the sound of it plummeting onto the rock resembling a shorter and weaker wave. Eywa's child looked the most beautiful when it was about to lay the sun to rest.

"I'm starving." Kiri said with the tablet in one hand and Merq'ena's arm linked with the other. After swimming or learning English all day the girls walked in a slow pace.

Viryn didn't need to face Merq'ena to hear to subtle clicks of her beads and shells hitting each other with each step. Small drops of water falling from them. Viryn checked her yellow feather earring, feeling it was cold against her neck when it swayed with her walk.

Viryn looked ahead and noticed Neteyam standing but the entrance. His usual smiley demeanour not out for them at that moment. "Neteyam." Tuk let go of Viryn's hand and rushed to her eldest brother. Neteyam grinned at his baby sister and lifted her in the air.  The action causing a squeal to rip from her. Neteyam held Tuk by leaning her atop his hip. "You had fun?" Tuk grinned with her teeth on fully display.The beads in her hair clacking at how hard she nodded.

"We took pictures." Viryn said with a smile towards Tuk. "She's got an eye for it." Tuk straightened with pride and looked to her older brother to be sure he heard Viryn's praise. Though Neteyam was listening thoughtfully, his eyes darted towards Viryn. "Hey Tuk, let's go through the pictures together." Kiri knowing the pair would need some time to talk alone.

"Ya, we should show your parents when they get back." Merq'ena gave Viryn's hand a quick squeeze. But she made sure to look at Neteyam, not aggressively. She knew better than anyone that her sister was one to hold a grudge. So it was more like a look urging him to fix what he had broken.

Neteyam placed Tuk back on her feet and watched her as she hurried over to Kiri's side, already lifting her hands up to receive the tablet. "Wait until we sit down." Kiri spoke sternly as they moved out of view.

He looked back to Viryn. The girl was focused on hearing the three settling before she finally turned to face him. Her hair was wet from swimming all day and the light lit up her eyes so they shone gold. Viryn felt herself flush as he stared at her.

"I said some stupid stuff." Neteyam broke the silence while watching her carefully. "You did." Viryn spoke back to him. Neteyam smiled slightly at the way she even responded to him. "I just. I know it's no excuse. But could you please give me a chance to explain myself?"

Viryn looked the guilt on his face, the way the wrinkles on his forehead were deeply carved onto his face making her feel a little guilty herself. He was worried, and normally that was supposed to be her job. She nodded for him to speak.