Wake Up

^Rio songs slap, I said what I said.

The world never seemed so safe. Viryn turned to her other side to see a sleeping Neteyam. The sun hadn't even peaked from the horizon and still she was awake. Her boy, her lover boy. Viryn felt herself giggle at the thought. She was sure in him, sure that their bond would last.

Slowly she lifted a hand to trace the stripes on his arms. They would forge a life there in the reefs. Sure it wasn't the rainforest she had been planning on raising her children in, but she had Merq'ena at her side and Neteyam on the other. Not to mention the rest of the Sullys. Maybe they could actually make it work.

"You're awake." Viryn flinched to see that Neteyam was looking at her with half lidded eyes. "Go to sleep." She whispered and pulled her hand back. Neteyam grabbed a hold of her retreating limb and pulled it above his heart.

"What woke you up?" He was probably half asleep with the rumble in his voice. "It's nothing." She whispered to him knowing that Merq'ena was nearby. Neteyam tried to blink his eyes to quicken the time it took to wake up.

Viryn lifted her torso up by leaning against her propped up arm and placed her other hand away from Neteyam's heart and onto his head.

"You've got a couple more hours of sleep left. Just close your eyes." She whispered to him with a smile. He looked so cute half awake. "I don't want to leave you alone." Neteyam spoke past a yawn. "I'm not alone. I'll feel better knowing you didn't lose a few hours of sleep for my sake." Viryn tried to wave away his words.

Neteyam turned so that he was on his back. He lifted his left hand to press against his face. "Just give me a second." He mumbled. Viryn let out a short laugh through her nose and sat up. When she was upright Neteyam wrapped an arm around her waist.

He placed a thumb through one of the bands of her lower half's garments so he could keep his hand on her hip without any effort. "Is Merq'ena awake?" Viryn looked over to the other side of the tent. Merq'ena's sleeping silhouette in the shadow of the fabric wall.

Viryn shook her head and turned back to Neteyam. "She's still sleeping." Neteyam hummed and looked at her. The tired fry of his voice was interesting. It made his voice a little coarser but it still sounded sweet in her ears. "We swam a lot yesterday, you should rest." Viryn placed a hand on top of the one on her hip.

Neteyam grunted as he sat up. His braids swinging forwards while he settled. "I'm rested." He mumbled and leaned his head in the crook of her neck. Viryn rolled her eyes at the way he refused to accept that he was still tired.

"Come on." She leaned over and laid Neteyam down back onto the mat. His eyes already closed. "Sleep." Neteyam hummed in protest but was silenced when she pressed a quick kiss on his forehead.

Viryn pulled away from his warm embrace and slowly walked over to their things. She lifted her dagger and it's sheath from the stand they had made out of driftwood and placed it around her torso. After looking over to make sure both Neteyam and Merq'ena were asleep she quietly snuck out of the tent.

Eclipse brought a quiet to the world that Viryn loved. It felt like it was just her and Eywa during those early or late hours. The only time her thoughts were put to rest so that she could appreciate the beauty of Eywa's child.

Hoping to not wake anyone Viryn did not call for Kri and just clicked for her ilu. The graceful creature surfacing quickly at her call. Viryn smiled and patted the ilu's head before lifting the saddle from the bars next to the dock. Slowly she slipped into the water feet first and made tsaheylu.

She sucked in a breath and submerged her head under the water. The darkness made it so the small specks of bioluminescence stand out. Viryn looked ahead to see the markers she saw on the path to the cove of ancestors.