The Past

Viryn narrowed her eyes at the people crouched across from her in the tent. "I can just stay on Kri, he'll keep me safe." Her hands waved along with her words as she leaned towards the adults. Neytiri shook her head firmly at the girl's words. "Wait until Norm arrives and gets those bullets out-." Jake began with a mix of trying to be stern yet gentle. "And be on bed rest for weeks? Months? Hell no I'm going out and helping with the search." Viryn crossed her arms and straightened. Being fully seated meant that even while the everyone else was crouched she was still the closest to the ground. "Your wounds are still fresh, by doing reckless things you will put yourself more at risk." Ronal stated.

"I'll just be a look out, flying isn't going to hurt me." Merq'ena who sat at Viryn's side nodded with her sister. "She won't be alone. I can go with her." When Jake tried to tell Merq'ena silently that she was not helping the tattooed girl returned his stare. Viryn looked pleadingly at Neytiri. "I can be useful, I promise." The mother lowered her ears and moved closer to Viryn. She lifted a hand and placed it on Viryn's shoulder. "It is not about being useful." Neytiri met Viryn's eyes head on with a sweeter expression. "You have to heal before all else." Viryn pursed her lips and looked back to Jake. "I can help find them. Not even a week ago you wouldn't hesitate to let me shadow you." "A lot has changed since "not even a week ago"." Jake cemented. Ronal hummed in agreement before nodding her head both of the adults. Her eyes lingered on Spider, slight disdain on her face as she left the tent.

The girl scowled lightly and her ear twitched irritatedly. "Stay." Neytiri gently shook Viryn's shoulder as she sternly whispered in the girl's ear. "Ya ya." Viryn lolled her head away from Neytiri. "Keep her here." Jake looked to Kiri and Spider before leaving the tent. Neytiri looked over at Viryn. "Look at me." The teen girl sighed as she rolled her eyes so hard her head swerved back to face Neytiri. The woman pursed her lips but did not mention the sass. When the teen looked at Neytiri Viryn could see the stress in her mentor's eyes for her son. It was enough for her to straighten her posture and wipe away her own displeasure.

A small smile tugged on Neytiri's lips at the sight of the behaviour. Her thumb lifted go gingerly rub Viryn's collar bone. "Do not worry." Neytiri gently squeezed Viryn's shoulder. "I'm always worried." Viryn mumbled back which made a true smile pass on Neytiri's face. It reminded her of the smile her father gave her. One full of tender love.

Neytiri rose from her crouched position and sent a look to both of the other girls. Merq'ena and Kiri said their goodbyes but still felt the sternness in the woman's eyes. They all watched as Neytiri left, her bow now in her hand and headgear on her head. Spider scooted closer to Viryn. "Looks gnarly." He smiled to the injured girl as he gestured to her bandaged thigh with his chin. "I hope it scars." Viryn response dryly. Kiri glanced cautiously at Merq'ena who was staring down at Spider. The look was icy enough to chill the air. Oblivious to the tension, Viryn leaned to make sure she saw the teal ikran flying away. The girl pulled her head gear under the fabric of her garment and lifted it onto her head. Twitching her ears to make sure they were not stiffened by the woven wood. "Roll out." She reached over to her left and pulled a woven mat off her bow and a few arrows.

Merq'ena stood up and hooked her arms under Viryn's armpits and easily pulled the shorter girl to her foot. "Are you serious?" Kiri sighed as Merq'ena helped Viryn limp slowly out of the room. "I'm dead serious." Viryn stopped and stiffly looked over her shoulder to see if her joke would land. Kiri stared back at her with half lidded eyes while Spider nodded at it with a mock deep in thought expression on his face. "I can't just sit here and do nothing knowing that they're in danger." Viryn corrected her statement. "Don't you think that they would prefer you're resting instead of risking your life after you just got it back?" Kiri crossed her arms and stepped towards them. "I will ask when I find them." Viryn looked back at Kiri this time with half lidded eyes.