Family

Neteyam cradled Viryn's body, he bit his lips to hold in his tears as he faced away from the rest of his family. He reached to play with some of the longer baby hairs that framed her face that he used to do. He sniffled to try and hide the tears streaming down his cheeks. Viryn always felt cold in his arms, but now it was a different kind. This one didn't make his heart skip a beat, or wipe away his anxieties. It only made him hurt.

"I'm really sorry-." Spider spoke and tried to move towards Neteyam but he was promptly stopped by Merq'ena. "Get back!" She hissed and made a motion of plucking his eyeballs.

The human boy quickly stumbled away from the girl. Her wide eyes showing such hatred towards him it made his skin tingle. "Get away, demon." Merq'ena pursed her lips into a deep frown before turning to check on Viryn.

Standing over the still body before pulling away. There was too much emotion in her to properly even look at Viryn. But she refused to have Spider move close to her. He didn't even know her, he didn't feel the great loss that came from her death. He didn't love her like they did.

Neteyam lowered his forehead to Viryn's silently praying for everything to just be a dream. "Maybe, maybe she just fainted." Lo'ak tried to comfort his older brother. "We can send her to the Tsahik. Maybe she can help?" Neteyam could not bring himself to speak.

Then that villainous voice played in Jake's ears. "I got your daughters,you for them." Quaritch. He looked at Neytiri trying to hold back her weeping for the sake of her children. But the pain was there, all her in eyes. It stabbed a knife right into his heart.

"Where are your sisters?" Jake asked, his eyes locked onto Lo'ak. He was too ashamed to look at Neteyam even if he was facing them. The boy was in his own world, like it was just him and Viryn. Or what was left of her.

"There at the m-mo at the weld deck." Spider spoke up. His eyes darting between the sobbing Neytiri and the pacing Merq'ena.

Jake had to move quickly. He crouched down and held on to Neytiri. Trying to pull her attention away from the corpse. "Listen, listen to me." He tried to hold back from turning and looking at Viryn.

"They have our other daughters." Jake sighed out. Guilt in his eyes as he saw his eldest son's shoulders shake with each trembling breath. Viryn's words echoed in their ears. "They have Kiri and Tuk." Merq'ena snapped her head at him. Her cheeks stained dark blue from her tears and a potent wrath in her eyes.

Jake turned to Neytiri. Viryn's hand still clutched to her heart. "I need you with me, right now." He lifted his hand that gently gripped the crook of her shoulder to cup her face. "Strong heart, remember?" Neytiri pushed through her grief, a numbness covering her pain.

She lifted her father's bow, it feeling heavier in her hands than it did hours ago. Though at first her ascent was shaky she quickly gained control. Tsireya was comforting Lo'ak who could only stare at his hands. Lo'ak felt so helpless.

"Now let's go get our daughters." Jake watched as Neytiri turned to her ikran. Her face dull but each movement was full of determination. When she mounted her ikran and made tsaheylu it let out a roar, it felt her rage, her thirst for vengeance. She was going to get her daughters back, and nothing that got in that would live to speak otherwise.

"Dad, I want to go with you." Lo'ak stood up and walked to Jake. His head already down. His father looked down at him with a look that was a nauseating mix of shame and disappointment. "You've don't enough." "Dad-." Lo'ak voice gave in as his father walked to his skimwing.

Spider was already sat in the saddle. "Let's go." They dove into the water in one smooth motion leaving the five Na'vi bodies behind.

The dark blue ikran pressed his head against Viryn's cheek. He even paused to look at Neteyam as if to check that he wasn't the only one seeing the unresponsive Viryn. Merq'ena growled under breath, she walked over to Viryn's body.