Girls

*Bold will be English since I'm not fluent in Na'vi to actually use them both

"Look look!" Tuk giggled as she perched on a particularly high rock. The little girl squealed as a large wave pushed against her back and almost lurched her forwards. "Be careful." Viryn watched her from their place farther from the shore. Kiri was showing them some functions of her tablet. The device was interesting, you could change the screen with just a tap of your fingers and it allowed Kiri to play kinds if music and sounds.

It was actually pretty helpful in learning English. "Hello." Merq'ena said awkwardly. Kiri nodded with a pleased smile. The crashing waves seemed not to startle either girls. Their eyes focused on each other. "It's a greeting." "Hellooo." The taller girl dragged out the word. "My mouth doesn't move like that." Merq'ena rubbed her jaw.

Viryn gestured for Tuk to stay a little farther from the ocean. Her parents were already stressed from the scare Lo'ak gave them, and they didn't even hear what really happened out there. That morning Lo'ak had told the group of the water creature that had attacked him. An akula, a predator of the deep. Viryn shivered. At least in the jungle, she didn't have to worry too much of a massive pair of jaws crunching her from below.

"Viryn, you try." Kiri turned her attention to the other girl. "The greeting?" Kiri nodded and gestured her to try. "Helo." Merq'ena faced Viryn and pointed to her mouth. Showing her the way she pressed the tip of her tongue against the back of her front top teeth. "Lllll." Viryn copied her and tried to be as accurate. "Try again." "Hello."

Kiri smiled proudly. "You guys just learned your first word!" She laughed pleased with the progress. "Technically, my first word was fuck." Viryn remembered when she had first been introduced to the family formally when she was betrothed to Neteyam. Lo'ak offered to teach her some new words which she went along with back then because she wanted to be liked. "Mine was shit!" Merq'ena grinned and the two girls high-fived.

"Guys, Tuk is right there." Kiri whispered even though she was also chuckling. "I already know English." The little girl smiled proudly. "Of course, you're our expert linguistic." Merq'ena tickled Tuk's ears making the little girl giggle away. Tuk moved so Viryn was between the two but she peaked at Merq'ena with a mischievous smile. She was so cute.

"When are we going to learn sentences?" Merq'ena asked as she remained focused on Kiri. "When you guys learn more words." Tuk lifted Viryn's arm to climb onto her lap which she easily gave way to. "Can we start off with threats? It makes the most sense for us to know if the Sky People are about hurt us." Merq'ena suggested. The sun was till high and it casted the girls in warm light. The rocks were like small heating pads that even managed to heat up Viryn's cold limbs.

"Those are hard to teach. There are lots of threats that could be said." Kiri shrugged. "What about key words? Like, the word for death, or hostage?" Viryn asked as she felt Tuk bat the yellow feather earring. "True. But do you guys want to learn the language as a whole?" Viryn and Merq'ena looked at each other. Both turned back to Kiri with a shrug.

"Kiri, I want to play with the pictures again." Tuk got up from Viryn's lap and gestured to the tablet. "I'm using it right now, Tuk." Kiri looked at her little sister. "But I'm bored." Tuk whined. She probably thought the older girls were going to do something exciting or at least interesting to her. "Play with the pictures?" Viryn tilted her head. "What's that?"

"The camera." Kiri lifted the tablet to show the other girls the little black dot in the corner. "The camera?" Viryn mimicked. "You know those pictures you found of my mom?" Merq'ena nodded awkwardly. She was still embarrassed when she had lashed out at the Sully family even though she had apologized a long time ago.