Merq'ena

Merq'ena could hear Viryn already awake and getting her things. She was trying so hard to be quiet but at the same time she was knocking over some of their small containers. "Ryn, what are you looking for?" A hand was put over her eyes even though she wasn't going to fall back to sleep. "Sorry to wake you." "It's fine." Merq'ena sat up in her hammock when the searching did not stop. "I swore I had a shawl I was working on."

Viryn rummaged through their things. "You didn't leave it outside did you?" "No I left it inside, I worked on it right before- aha!" Viryn reached into the crevice between her hammock and the tent. "I worked on it before sleeping." Merq'ena stood up and shook her head to wake up her hair too. "You didn't get the chance to speak to me about your meeting." Viryn looked up from her loom. "It was mostly reporting the new information.

The Olo'eyktan will speak about it with the elders. There is not much else to be done." Merq'ena knew there was something else that Viryn wanted to say so remained quiet. "Merq'ena." "Hmm?" "How prepared are the hunting parties?" For hunting?" "For war." This made the tattooed girl suddenly gained full consciousness. Was there truly reason to label it as that already? "War? That was not what was discussed yesterday, right?" Viryn's tail was swaying behind her, a tell for when Viryn was particularly nervous.

"Have the Sky people attacked us?" Merq'ena could imagine their enemies striking if they found out that their project was discovered. Viryn shook her head. "The Olo'eyktan is worried about when they will." A hand went to the knife that was strapped across her torso. Merq'ena noticed the faint blood stain at the lip of the sheath.

"What happened out there?" Viryn looked down at her hand gripping the handle of her knife. "Was there a fight?" "It was just the machines, there was no conflict." "You used your knife." Merq'ena gestured to the light stain. "I found a direhorse. His body crushed by a fallen tree." Viryn shuddered. "He had been like that the entire night, struggling to even breath." Viryn's voice shook as she seemed to relive the memory. "They haven't even made a move to strike and they have already taken lives." Visryn hissed more to herself than her friend. "They're building some sort of track on the path left behind. To transport things from one place to another."

The future Tsahik picked at the loom. She was making a shawl for the colder weather for one of the smaller children. "Can't they destroy the track?" "We don't have enough time to figure out how to get rid of it. Norm said that it was too deep in the ground." "Norm?" "A scientist."

The word was not in Na'vi. "From Sky people." Merq'ena sneered at the word. She was robbed of her first clan because of them, the RDA took her proud people to leaving her behind to be raised in another clan. The memory made her touch her thigh. The powerful thanator, her people's most honoured creation of Eywa, on her leg crouched to attack seemingly giving her its strength. The lines were thicker in some places and some of the finer details were not as clean but for their first attempt it was impressive.

"No, not like Sky people." Viryn quickly defended. "They fought during the war, they shed blood for the clans, and now they are working to help us." Viryn placed a hand on Merq'ena's upper arm making the other girl meet her eyes. "The Olo'eyktan would not misplace his trust." Viryn spoke earnestly.

Merq'ena studied her friend's face, all her feelings out for her to see and dissect. She was scared, no doubt her greatest fears slowly coming to fruition. All the years they had spent as sisters Merq'ena knew Viryn as deeply someone short of a mate could. Viryn was a sensitive girl that could be easily brought to tears that she hid so deeply within herself away from any others.
Constantly remaining vigilant over her face and body to conceal what she had written off as weakness. No matter what Merq'ena tried Viryn had become so consumed with purging that part of her, which she could only do for a time. That girl only came out when it was just the two of them. "What is it there to be done?" Merq'ena put a hand over Viryn's. A sigh of relief filtered through her friend. "We must prepare, when it is time to attack we must be ready to join them in combat."