Seashells

Merq'ena grew to be very protective of Kiri. Offering her hand to help Kiri walk over even the smallest of hurdles. "I'm fine." Kiri rolled her eyes but still indulged Merq'ena by placing her hand in Merq'ena's as they approached the tent. "Ronal said not to push yourself." Merq'ena responded as they held hands. "Walking over a root isn't going to strain me." The novelty was going to run out soon enough, but she still would enjoy it while it lasted.

They walked over to the tent. With Kiri resting and Merq'ena making sure she was actually doing that Viryn had been appointed with Tuk duty. At first Viryn was very unsure, Tuk easily forced her to push past that though. In the tent Viryn was sat with Tuk in her lap showing her to weave.

"You push it up, then down." Viryn spoke patiently as she guided Tuk's hand to maneuver the bone needle between the strings of the loom. "Like this?" Tuk took control and copied what Viryn instructed. "Very good." Viryn grinned as Tuk continued to neatly pull the thick thread between the strings.

For Tuk's first project she was very ambitious. She wanted to create something she could show her parents, a picture using threads. Knowing that a sharp needle wouldn't be a good idea for her Viryn suggested that they step away from embroidery. Tuk had wanted to start with the rainforest so she was using a deep green coloured string.

"We're back." Tuk and Viryn looked up to Kiri and Merq'ena walking inside. "How was your walk? No deep swimming I hope." Viryn made sure to look at Kiri's hair to check if they even submerged themselves in the water.

"I know I know." Kiri waved away her concerned glance. Both sisters were deeply invested in her recovery, sometimes too much so. "I'm being careful." Merq'ena squeezed Kiri's hand gently to provide some comfort. "I just don't want to be cooped up in here anymore." Kiri sat down on one of the seats. "Kiri look." Tuk lifted the loom from Viryn's hands to show Kiri her work. "I'm weaving."

Kiri's sour expression turned sweet at the pride in her baby sister's face. "Nice job." Kiri smiled as she rested her head on her hand. Tuk nodded to herself before resting back against Viryn's torso. Quite hard too, enough for a slight cough to come of of Viryn when Tuk's skull pressed against her diaphragm. "You could work on it some more and you'll get a sash." Viryn suggested.

"That's a lot of work." Tuk said and lowered the loom against the ground. "You could make a tapestry too." Viryn smiled as the kid looked up at her. The difficulty with choosing all over Tuk's face. "Just do what you feel like Tuk." Merq'ena suggested as she sat down next to Kiri.

Viryn felt herself eyeing the way Merq'ena and Kiri sat next to each other. She knew that they liked each other, they just didn't seem to be in a rush to confess. Which she wanted to change. "You know, I could show you how to add some shells to your weaving." Tuk's excitement brightened in her eyes. "Really?" She sat up and placed her hands on Viryn's thigh to look at her.

"Of course, let's go pick them out right now." Viryn snuck a sneaky glance at Merq'ena before grinning at Tuk. "Let's go!" Tuk jumped to her feet, the beads in her hair shaking and swinging with her. With her little hands she grabbed Viryn's wrist and tugged to pull the older girl to her feet.

The older girl did most of the rising and cracked her back. The snap of her spine letting her know of her satisfaction with the stretch. "To the beach, that's where the prettiest ones are." Tuk still tugged on Viryn's arm, her feet not staying still as she bounced to each foot.

Merq'ena narrowed her eyes at Viryn's very not subtle attempt at matchmaking. Which in thought was nice, but Viryn was just very bad at hiding the intention of the action. Enough to make Merq'ena be worried of how Kiri would perceive the blatant act. 

Viryn gave the pair a finger wave before allowing Tuk to pull her away to the beach. Merq'ena was sending her alarm bells through her eyes. Viryn just grinned and gave her a thumbs up. Tuk gave Viryn another firm pull which she just had to give in to. "I want to find the best ones come on." Tuk whined.