41- God bless you

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! May Hualian bless you ;D

"Achoo!!"

"Bless you."

"Heh, thanks, Xie-xiong, but I'm already blessed."

"Oh? By which god?" A humorous tone.

"...Xie-xiong... you don't happen to be religious, are you?"

"Hm, not really," Xie Lian answered, shrugging.

The eight boys (including He Xuan who tagged along) were in Lan Wangji's dorm room.

Lan Wangji seemed to accept the fact (or fate) that his dorm was going to be the boys' hang-out place. The boy held a box of tissues in his lap.

The rain outside really did just start pouring without any warning.

Chaos ensued, and every person outside scrambled over each other to get inside, despite Lan Qiren's repeated message over the microphone to calm down everyone and let us get inside in an orderly manner.

It was quite a mess with everyone in Qingfeng's front lobby. Puddles and mud prints trekked everywhere. Soon, the intercom came on and ordered the students to go back to their dorms.

Before heading to Lan Wangji's dorm, everyone agreed to just meet up there so they could go and get out of their soaked Qingfeng school uniforms. "They should have made these uniforms waterproofed," Wei Wuxian had commented. And then the boy sneezed.

When they reached Lan Wangji's dorm, all were still feeling a bit cold so Lan Wangji brought out his portable heater which they all huddled around as if it was a campfire. (Hurray for the reliable Hanguang Jun!)

Wei Wuxian let out a sniffle. The rain left him with a runny nose. He wrapped the blanket Lan Wangji had given him tighter. "Well, I'll say, that speech that teacher was on about when it started raining sounded like a religious chant."

Shen Qingqiu raised a brow. "Were you even listening?"

"No," Wei Wuxian said. Lan Wangji handed him a tissue and the boy blew his nose. Wei Wuxian groaned. "Why does it have to start pouring? When I imagine myself in Qingfeng, I imagine the weather to be clear and a bit breezy, you know? Like Qingfeng." (Qingfeng means clear wind in chinese.)

"Yeah, and I bet in MengDie, you guys have butterflies flying along with you and everyone tells each other to follow their dreams," Shen Qingqiu said sarcastically. "Or do you guys often think you are butterflies dreaming that you are humans?"

Wei Wuxian tried to stifle a laugh. "Ahaha, no, Shen-xiong, but there was this one time with Hua-xiong and oh my god, it was hilarious, so Hua-xiong woke up one day and he started- mmph-!"

Wei Wuxian's eyes grew wide as a dark figure clouded over him and pressed something into his mouth. It was Hua Cheng. The boy gave him a menacing look, telling Wei Wuxian to shut up. Wei Wuxian's mouth was instantly shut. Whatever it is that Hua Cheng had put in his mouth went down his throat with a terrified gulp.

Everyone else only saw Hua Cheng's smiling face when he turned around, saying, "I found some cough drops in my pocket."

Everyone: "..."

Wei Wuxian, who choked a bit on the cough drops, started coughing.

"See, he needed it."

Lan Wangji passed Wei Wuxian a glass of water. Wei Wuxian grabbed the cup and took a few gulps of water with his eyes shut. He then slammed the cup down as if he just completed someone's dare of straight-up chugging down a jar of wine.