Chapter twenty four

I woke up to the sound of knocks on my door.
Who the heck would be knocking? I sat up on my small bed and checked the time.
11:15 am shiit! Dan must be outside waiting for me. I jumped out of bed and quickly got ready.

*Knock knock knock*
"Oh.. err COOMINNGG!" I shouted from the inside.
I got ready in five minutes and opened the door.
"Ahh, Im so sorry! I was really tired and you know, jet lag and stuff" I was embarrassed
"Haha. Its fine, I understand." His accent is so thick, it kinda annoys me
"Yeah. Should we start the tour?" I asked
"Yup! Let's get started"

There wasn't many people around because the first semester had not began and they were on holiday. The school library is big, you could literally get lost in there. Between the reception area and the library was the cafeteria. It wasn't like the cafeteria I had back in my high school. It seemed more spacious and comfortable. Dan showed me the buildings for the lecture rooms and the different departments.
We walked for about 2 hours now. The campus is so big.
"Hey.. Uh.. Dan?"
"Yeah?" He said as he turned around to look at me
"Is your name just Dan or is it short for something else?" I asked to break the silence
"My name is actually Daniel, Daniel Webb"
"Oh, cool. Daniel, Im starving"
"Right, you skipped breakfast. Lets walk back to the cafeteria"
We got to the cafeteria and I bought two chicken sandwiches and a cup of coffee.
We sat on bean bag chairs. It was comfortable but a bit awkward.
"So, tell me about yourself" Dan asked as he took a big bite of his burger
"I'm from America and my name is Lea Rose Atkins" I say
He gave a small chuckle
"What do your parents do? any siblings?"
Oh God. I know he is trying to be nice and make conversation but I really want to punch him.
"My step-dad is a business man and so is my mum. I dont have siblings. What about you?"
I tried to stir the conversation away from being only about me.
"My dad is an entrepreneur and my mother owns a small boutique. I have two younger siblings, a brother who is 13 and a sister who is turning 9 this year"
His eyes seemed to sparkle when talking about his family. "What happened to your real dad?" God he's so annoying!

"He died. Let's not talk about him okay" I said while feeling annoyed.

"Ok, I'm so sorry...So what are you studying?" He asked.

"Development and earth science. You?"

"I major in literature but I'm studying a of business to because my dad wants me to take over his business one day. To be honest want to be a journalist."

"Ha, dads."

"Why did you come here? I thought the schools in America were really good?"

"I don't wanna talk about it"

He looked embarrassed.

"Maybe I'll tell you next time" I quickly added.

After lunch Dan showed me around some more and then dropped me back to my dorm. I said my thanks and went in. When I walked in, Kendra and a guy were cuddling on her bed watching something on her laptop.

"Hey Lea" Kendra said.

"Hey"

"This is Matthew. Matthew, Lea" she introduced.

"Hello" Matthew waved.

Well, he looks like a decent guy.

"Hi"

--

Later on in the night I skyped Em and told her about my new school and asked how she was and everyone back at home.

The weekend went by quickly, I prepared for my first day of school and Kendra showed me around London. She's a very fun girl to hang around with. She's always very jolly.

Classes starts tomorrow and I feel super excited and nervous at the same time. I thought about my first class as I drifted of to sleep.

-------

Picture of Kendra up there^^