Chapter sixteen

We arrived there and we got of the train, the first thing I noticed was a bright pink vanguard with "LEA MY LITTLE BABY" written on it and my eyes went straight to my grandpa who was holding the vanguard and my grandma standing next to him.

"Babi!" I yelled and ran to my grandpa and hugged him.

"Nani!" I hugged my grandma.

"Look at you Lea! You've grown so much!" My grandma exclaimed.

"Hunter! You've grown so much too! You look different now. Must be puberty ay!"

I looked and Ben was walking over with our bags.

"That's not Hunter" I told my grandma.

"Babi, nani, this Ben. Ben, this is Babi and nani" I introduced them to each other. They shook each other's hand.

"Where's Hunter, Lea? I thought he was coming with you" my grandpa asked.

"Hunter, Hunter's in heaven" My eyes started tearing up.

My grandma pulled me into her arms and rubbed my back. I started sobbing . "It's okay baby girl" my grandma stroked my hair and then memories started flooding into my mind. Hunter used to stroke my hair a lot. I sobbed harder.

I looked up and wiped my tears and saw people staring and pointing fingers.

"Let's go home" my grandpa said and he lead the way out to his car. Ben carried our bags.

While driving home, I couldn't help myself and I burst into tears. I leaned on Ben's shoulder and cried. He was rubbing my back. No one said a single thing and I was glad that they didn't.

******** BEN's POV *********

Lea didn't say anything when we reached her grandparents home. She locked herself in her room and started crying. I knocked a few times but she told me that she wanted to be alone. I stayed outside her room, in case something happened. It's being 2 hours and she's still crying. Listening to her cry makes me wanna punch myself because I can't do anything to help her. I went to the living room and her grandpa was watching tv.

"How's she?" He asked.

"She's still crying" I answered.

We were silent and it was getting awkward so I went to the kitchen to grab Lea a glass of water.

Her grandma was whisking eggs when I walked in.

She looked up and I greeted her.

"Is she still crying?" She asked while I was pouring water into a glass.

"Yeah." I said. "I wish I could do something to stop it"

"Well, I'm making her favorite red velvet cupcakes, it might cheer her up a little. Do you want to help?"

"Yeah. Sounds good"

She handed me an apron and we started baking. I did what she told me to do and baking is not as difficult as how my mum does it. I helped clean the kitchen while the cupcakes where in the oven.

When the cupcakes were done, I took 2 and went up to her room. The crying stopped and I knocked but nobody answered. I turned the knob to see if the door was unlocked or not and surprising it was unlocked. I walked inside and found Lea lying on the bed, her lips were parted and she had a steady breath and her eyes closed. I put the cupcakes on the desk and walked over to her bed. I had to bent down so my face was leveled with hers. The skin surrounding her eyes were red and her nose to was red. Her cheeks were also stained with tears and her makeup was ruined but she still looked beautiful. Seeing her in peace like this makes me really happy. I wish she was mine so bad. It'll probably take her a long time for her to get over Hunter but it's okay, I'll wait for her.

Lea looks really beautiful, her eyebrows are nicely shaped and full, her nose is thin and sharp, freckles spread through the skin just below her eyes, her lips, her lips were so full and pink and.....kissable. I can't control myself, I have to kiss her. I know this is wrong but I just can't help it, maybe just a peck, she wouldn't notice since she's sleeping. I was leaning in ready to kiss her and suddenly she opened her eyes and her big round hazel eyes were staring into my blue ones. I felt blood rushing up to my cheeks. I stood up and she sat up straight.

"How are you feeling?" I said while looking out the window. I was breathing heavily.

"Not so well" she said in a low voice and her voice cracked a little

I walked over to the desk to get the cupcakes. "Your grandma and I made your favorite red velvet cupcakes" I grinned at her.

"Thank you" I handed her a cupcake.

She took a bite "hmmmm, it taste so good"

"Yeah because I made it" I winked at her.

She gave a small laugh.

"Do you want some water?" I asked.

She nodded.

"Okay I'll be right back" I walked in fast paces to the kitchen to get her a glass of water.

****** LEA's POV*******

(This is when Ben was about to kiss her)

When I opened my eyes, a pair of beautiful blue eyes were only an inch away from my face staring at me. Ben started blushing and he quickly stood up. I sat up and leaned on the head board.

"How are you feeling?" Ben said while breathing heavily.

"Not so well" annnnnnnnnd he had to remind me again. I was trying so hard not to cry again.

"Your grandma and I made your favorite red velvet cupcakes" he grinned.

"Thank you" he gave me a cupcake and I took a bite.

"Hmmmmm, it taste really good" I complimented.

"Yeah because I made it" he joked and winked.

I faked laughed because it wasn't funny.

"Do you want some water?" He asked.

My throat was too dry to speak so I nodded. He left to go get my water.

I thought back to what happened when I woke up. Was he trying to kiss me? I should really talk to him and tell him that I only care about him as my best friend.

He came back with a glass of water and I drank the whole glass. He took the glass and put it on the desk and he came and sat next me.

Let's see how the conversation goes.

***** BEN's POV******

"Ben we need to talk" Lea said.

Oh shit. I think she knows that I was gonna kiss her.

"Yeah?" I said.

"I know how you feel about me but I'm sorry Ben, I only care about you as a friend. I really hope you understand"

I know she's said this a thousand times already but I still feel like I'm burning in hell.

"I understand. I'll wait for you"

"No Ben, don't waste your time on me. I'm not worth it. There's millions of girls out there that's way better than me"

"But they're not you"

"Ben, listen, I'm not worth waiting for. I'm a mess."

"I don't care if you're a mess or not. I'm madly in love with you!"

I was looking right into her eye and her eyes became red and watery like she was trying to hold her tears back. She looked away and we were silent for a few minutes and she starting crying.

I touched her shoulder and she jerked away. "Leave me alone please"

"Okay" and I left her room.

When I walked out, her grandparents were outside her room looking guilty.

"You heard everything?" I asked them.

They nodded and Lea's grandpa tapped my shoulders and they left.

I leaned onto the wall next to the door and buried my face in my hands.