Chapter seven

I felt like my heart just got crashed into millions of pieces. Tears started streaming down my face. Ben looked at me and he went in the room. I turned away and ran to the girls bathroom. Emily chased after me. I locked myself inside a stall.

"Lea stop crying" Emily said and knocked the door. "Hunter's a douchebag."

I kept quiet. Emily nor I spoke.

The bell rang 30 minutes later. I have music class next so I didn't really bother going.

"Lea I have to go for class. I have a test today" Emily said.

"Okay"

"You'll be okay?"

"Yeah. Don't worry."

I came out about 10 minutes after Emily left. I washed my face and I walked out and saw Ben leaning against the wall next to the girls bathroom.

"Hey." He said.

"Hi" I replied.

"You alright?"

I put my head down "I guess" I said quietly.

I looked at his hand and it was bruised.

"What happened?" I asked Ben and pointed to his hands.

"Someone needed a lesson" he said and he shoved his hand inside his pocket. I knew he was referring to Hunter.

I didn't say anything. I looked down at my feet.

Ben grabbed my wrist and we went outside to the parking lot to his car.

He opened the passenger door and he told me to get inside. He got in the driver seat.

"Where are we going?" I asked him.

"Somewhere"

"I'm not stepping school"

"Oh come on. We have only two classes left" he said and he pouted his lips.

"No, I'm not stepping school" I crossed my arm over my chest.

He looked at me with this really really cute puppy face. Damn, no one could ever resist that face.

"Okay fine. I give up" I threw my hands in the air.

"Yay" he said and smiled at me. I smiled back.

***

"I'll have a honey pokey ice cream please" I said and handed the menu back to the waitress.

"I'll have the same thing" Ben said and handed the waitress the money.

The waitress came back after 5 minutes with two bowls of ice cream.

I scooped a big spoon of ice cream and put it in my mouth "oh heaven"

Ben looked at me and chuckled. "You're so cute" he said.

I started blushing. Don't get me wrong, I only like him as a friend, nothing more.

Ben kept his eyes on me while eating his ice cream.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I said feeling kinda uncomfortable.

"I don't know I enjoy looking at beautiful people. Like Augustus in 'The Fault In Our Stars'. Hold on, you have something on your lips" he got a tissue and wiped the side of my lip.

"Thanks. You've read that book?" I asked.

"You're welcome. Yeah I have. I've read it for more then ten times already"