Chapter thirty two

*LEA'S POV*

<4 years later>

I was looking through the mails we received today and something weird was in it. A mail from America, it was for Dan. It's a wedding invitation.

"Dan you've never told me that you've got family in America" I said to him while entering the kitchen. Today was his turn to cook dinner. Yes, we rented an apartment together after I graduated from university. He's been really nice to me and we trust each other.

He stopped cutting the carrot and turned to me with his 'thinking' face. "Ah...yes, I remember. Kimberly and uncle billy. Kim's my cousin, we used to play together when we just little kids. Why'd you ask?"

I handed him the invitation. "Oh shit, she's getting married. We haven't seen each other in like what 15 years?." He said and tore open the envelope. "You are invited to Ben Pryor and Kimberly Woods wedding on...." He read.

Ben Pryor. Ben. Could it be him? My thoughts drifted to Ben. How is he? How have he been? I'm so happy that he met someone. I wanted to call him and talk to him like what we did before. We haven't spoken in 4 years. I have never ever receive a single text message from him.

"BABE WE'RE GOING TO AMERICA!" Dan screamed from the kitchen.

America, my home. Am I ready to go back and meet everyone?

"Oh..exciting" I commented sarcastically.

Dan came and cuddled me on the sofa. "What happened? Why are you so depressed all of a sudden? Aren't you happy to go back? And meet your friends and family?"

I shook my head.

"Babe, come on, it's time to go back. You can't just ignore them forever."

"I guess" I said. I do miss America a lot. This sad and depressing weather in London can never beat the beautiful weather in New York.

"Does that mean that you'll go?" Dan asked excitedly and tickled me.

"Yes and stop being so childish" I giggled.

"YES" he kissed me on my lips and added "dinner will be ready in 15 minutes" he winked.

---

We arrived at New York at mid-day. We booked a week early flight to New York because Dan wanted to spend more time in New York. We caught a cab and went to Chipotle first because we were both starving.

"Holy shit that was good" Dan said while walking out of the restaurant.

"There are better, trust me"

"You gotta take me there then" he flashed his handsome smile.

We arrived at my mum/Andrew's house.

Dan squeezed my hand. "You know we can stay at a hotel if you want"

I shook my head "it's okay."

I knocked the door and within seconds the familiar face I lived with for 18 years appeared in front of me.

"Oh Lea" my mum sobbed and hugged me. "I missed you so much"

I hesitated for a second and I hugged her back "me too"

"Mummy mummy who's at the door?" A little girl ran to my mum and hugged her leg.

My mum recovered from crying and said "This is your sister Lea"

The little girl looked at me with a clueless face. I held out my hand "hello" I said and she shook it.

"Her name's Lauren" my mum answered my thought. Her gaze went to Dan and smiled.

"Uh mum this is my boyfriend Dan. Dan this is my mum" I introduced them.

"Good to finally meet you mam" Dan said and they shook hands.

"Come on in" my mum gestured us to go inside.

"You have a very lovely house. I love the design" Dan complimented.

As I stepped inside, all the memories of Hunter came flooding into my mind. The furnitures were all the same from years ago. The table where my mum would have tea with Hunter's mum was still there. I walked over to the shelve and there were pictures my mum and Andrew, me and Hunter growing up over the years. I tried keeping my tears in but I couldn't. Dan rushed over to me and held me in his arm.

"I can't, I can't stay here. This place, this house" I stuttered and kept sobbing harder.

"Shhh, it's okay, we'll stay somewhere else" he comforted me.

"Maybe she needs a rest" my mum suggested.

Dan took me up the stair to my 'room'. Hunter's door was closed and Dan opened it, I didn't tell him it wasn't my room because I wanted to look inside.

He was about to close the door but I stepped inside. Everything were exactly the same as the night Hunter left, just a bit neater. I walked over to his desk and Dan followed. There were pictures of me, of us stuck on his wall. I ran my fingers through them.

"Is he the guy who you were planning to run away with?" Dan asked.

"Yeah" my voice cracked and I realized that I was still sobbing.

This hurts too much, I walked out and went into my room as Dan followed. We cuddled together my bed. I tried to make myself sleep but failed.

"Do you miss him?" Dan's husky voice asked.

"Yeah" I replied.

"D-do you still l-love him?"

I looked at Dan. "Yes I do but not like the way I love you. I love him as a memory, as a childhood friend."

Dan looked more relaxed and kissed my forehead.

"But it still hurts me to be here. I thought no one would ever replace his position in my heart, until I found you." I said.

I could his kiss linger into a smile.

"I love you." He said.

"I love you too, I'm so glad I have you here with me"