Chapter thirty three

*DANS POV*

Two more days to the wedding. Lea and I spent the past few days roaming around the city. She finally introduced me to her bestfriend Emily and took me to the local museums. Today we decided to stay in our hotel room and watch movies.

"Babe, tell me about your cousin again?" she asked as she lifted her head from my chest.

"Kimberly? Well, she was always the tom boy kind. I honestly thought that she would turn out to like girls. That Ben Pryor is one special guy I guess"

She chuckled.

"Ben Pryor. I knew a Ben Pryor before" she whispered as she placed her head back down.

"The one that you used to mistakenly call me instead of my name?"

"Yeah"

"Tell me about him. You guys must have been close, yeah? " I've been dying to ask her about this 'Ben'

"Well, I guess it is time I told you" She sat up.

I somehow feel nervous all of a sudden.

"Yes, Ben and I were very close. He was always there for me when I needed someone. Caring and loving boy. At one point of my life I actually thought I would get married to him. He has also broke my heart because of an incident that happened and that was part of the reason why I wanted to study aboard. Which I'm glad I did because I wouldn't have met you if I didn't"

She leaned in and pecked my nose.
He sounds like an arse to me.

"Oh. So thats Ben" I respond.

"Yes, no need to worry. All my feelings for him has washed down the drain. I'm so much happier with you"

"Was he your high school boyfriend?" I tried to sound calm and she started looking uneasy.

"There was one before him. Very dear and special to me. Unfortunately he is not around anymore"

Not around anymore? What does she mean? A weird feeling started to grow in me. Am I jealous?

"What happened to him?"

She let out a sigh. And it seemed like grief was all around.

"Accident on the road"

"Aw baby. Im so sorry for asking"

"Its okay, it happened long ago anyways"

"Is he that guy in the pictures at your parents house?"

"Yeah"

"Is that why you became depressed all of a sudden?"

She nodded.

"You should've told me earlier. And I feel kinda hurt that you don't trust me. I thought we told each other everything."

"I'm sorry Dan. I wanted to tell you but the topic never came up. Don't be mad"

I laughed. "I can never be mad at you."

Our lips collided and the pain from hearing the words she said was numbed.

"So, you've never told me anything about your ex lovers" she said.

"Okay what do you want to know?"

She thought for a while "How many girls have you dated?"

I started counting my fingers and exaggerated. She hit me hard on my shoulders.

"You player!" She said and started hitting me playfully.

I started laughing hard. "Calm down Lea. There was actually only five but they were all small flings. You're my first ever serious girlfriend"

She jumped on me and we started making out for a while. After that we went back to our old position.

"Do you think that we would ever get married? Have you ever had that thought?"

She was silent for a long time. I looked down to see her face and found her sleeping.

I guess I can get that answer another time.