Chapter eighteen

"I'm so sorry" Ben pulled away. His eyes flashing with sadness.

I was confused. "Sorry about what?"

"I was gonna tell you this today Lea. I'm dating Mae."

What the f*ck.

"I uh...what?" I hoped he was just joking around.

"I'm dating Mae." He repeated.

"Oh...when did you guys started?" I was holding back my tears.

"Just 2 weeks ago" his head hung low.

"I'm uh so happy for you" I forced a smile.

He reached out for my arm but I moved away. "I'm going inside"

As I walked inside, i started crying. I walked to my room and my grandma was sitting inside folding my clothes.

"what happened?" My grandma asked.

I didn't wanna talk about it so I just hugged her and cried on her shoulder. She patted my back while I was crying.

"Lea"

"She doesn't wanna talk to you right now Ben" my grandma knows me too well.

"Okay" his voice was low.

After he left, my grandma asked if I needed anything and left.

I've never felt this much pain after Hunter died. I am mad at myself. I feel so stupid for being naive. I actually thought that he still loved me. Stupid stupid girl.

After hours of being alone. I decided to go and get myself some water. As I walked out, Ben was sitting outside my door.

"Can we talk?" Ben asked. He must've being crying cause the surrounding of his eyes were swollen and his eyes and nose were red.

"Ok"

I walked in my room and he followed.

"I'm really sorry Lea. I didn't mean to hurt you"

"It wasn't your fault. I shouldn't have done that. It was a very stupid thing for me to do. I'm sorry"

"No Lea, I should've told you earlier"

"Then why didn't you?" I yelled at his face "I THOUGHT YOU KNEW HOW I FELT ABOUT YOU NOW"

He looked at me with his eyes wide opened.

"And did you know how I felt about you? You did. And you liked it. Who was always there when you needed someone? Me. And who was there when I needed someone? Not you. You did nothing but lead me on. I'm so glad I finally realized what kind of a person you are. And now, now that I'm dating someone, you want to ruin my relationship? How does it feel to be rejected? Do you like it? This is how I feel everytime you're with Hunter. Did you actually think Hunter loved you? He was just playing around with you. He would always laugh about you with Zoe. You're so naive Lea. I've had with you and your bull craps. Grow the f*ck up Lea. You're not a little girl who needs everyone anymore" he took in a breathe "I love you Lea, I really do. But I just don't know anymore" he slammed the door and left. I heard his car engine start and the sound slowly faded away.

He was right. Ben was right. I am really naive. The Hunter part cannot be true. Maybe it was just an mistake. Hunter loved me. I felt it. I feel so hurt right now. I feel like someone's using stabbing my heart slowly with a really sharp knife. I tried to make myself go to my bed but my body is not listening to me. I stood there, in the middle of my room, crying like an idiot. Suddenly, a strong pair of arms was wrapped around me. He was sobbing on my shoulder.