Chapter five

The week passed by pretty fast. I was walking down the hall way with Emily. It was Friday so everyone looks excited and happy.

"Ben def likes you" Emily said.

"No..I don't think so. I think he was just being nice."

"Dude, it's so obvious that he likes you. You guys were about to kiss right? And have you seen the way he looks at you?"

"Um. No?"

"His eyes sparkles when he looks at you"

I started laughing at what she just said.

"What?" She asked.

"How can his eyes sparkle?" I said while trying to hold my laugh.

"Okay then don't sparkle. But you can see how happy he is from his eyes when he looks at you"

"This conversation is getting funny"

"I'm being serious Lea"

"Okay"

James came and hugged Emily from behind.

"Hey James"

"Hey babe"

Emily gave him a little peck on the lips.

"So, Lea, are you coming to my party tomorrow night?" James asked me.

"Party? What party?" I asked.

"My birthday party. Didn't Em tell you" James said and looked at Emily.

"I was gonna tell her later" Emily said.

"Um. Yeah, sure, why not." I replied.

* *

"Hurry up and put on this. We're gonna be late" Emily pulled a purple peplum dress out of my closet.

"Alright alright"

Emily helped me put on some light make up. I wore a diamond necklace my mum gave me for my birthday and a pair of silver earrings. I wore a black high heel pumps.

"You look gorgeous!" Emily said.

"Thanks" I gave her a smile.

"Come on let's go"

Emily drove us to James house. James house is a double story house. He had a swimming pool at the back of his house. Plastic cups and tissues were all over his front lawn and music was blasting from the inside of his house. People were dancing outside to the beat of the music coming from inside. Couples were making out.

We went inside the house and saw James talking to some jocks.

"Hey!" James shouted and waved at us.

Emily ran and gave him a right hug. "Happy birthday babe" and they kissed.

"I thought you said only a few people were coming?" Emily asked James.

"Yeah, I didn't invited like 90% of the people here. They just showed up randomly." James replied.

And they started making out....again. Boy! They sure kiss a lot.

The house was crowded with people, they were mostly from my year but then I didn't really talk to them so yeah. I felt kinda lonely. I texted Mae and Annie to check if they were at the party too but they said had a dance concert thingy so they couldn't make it to the party. I went upstairs because it was getting too crowded down here. While I was pushing myself through the crowd, a guy from my chemistry class was like "I'd bang that booty of yours" and then he squeezed my butt.