chapter eleven

"What?" I said.

"Andrew and I are getting married" my mum said.

"Please tell me you're joking" I said hoping she'd say yes.

"No honey. I'm being serious" my mum said.

"What? I thought you loved dad" I said in a harsh tone.

My mum grabbed my wrist "sorry Andrew and Hunter, I think I have to talk to my daughter privately"

I looked at Hunter and he's faced was mixed with shock, anger and sadness.

My mum pulled me the bathroom and locked the door.

"Look Lea, I'm marrying Andrew because I'm..." She went silent.

"You're what?"

"I'm bankrupted" she said quietly almost whispering.

"WHAT? HOW?!" I yelled.

"Well, John, he was your father's assistant and I let him in charge of everything cause I wasn't really familiar with the company stuff and I don't know what happened but he somehow tricked me into signing the contract where I have to give him" My mum's voice started to crack a little bit "10 million dollars and if I don't, he'll sue me and they'll put me in jail and take all out properties and you'll be living on the streets." She starting sobbing.

I rubbed my mum's back. I was kinda angry with my mum for being so stupid no offense.

"It's okay mum. I'll work part time jobs and earn some money and we can pay John back and you won't have to marry Andrew." I said even though I know I'll never save 10 million dollars. "Or we could figure something else out" I said with hope.

"It won't work Lea. Andrew's our only hope. He promised that if I marry him, he'll help us pay the 10 million dollars"

I started panicking. If my mum marries Andrew, Hunter and I would be siblings. I know I'm being really selfish right now but I love Hunter sooooooooooo.

"But you can't marry Andrew! It's wrong" I said.

"I know it's wrong but do I have anymore choice?" My mum started tearing up.

"Mum, Hunter and I are dating." I said. Hoping she would change her mind.

My mum hugged me and whispered "I'm so sorry honey. It's for your good"

I started sobbing quietly.

Hunter and I are going to be siblings. No no no. They are not getting married. I have to do something. I feel so confused and angry right now.

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I pulled my phone out and saw a text message from Hunter.

*Are you alright?*

*nope. I wanna leave*

*I'm outside the restroom*

I wiped my tears and my mum was fixing her make up.

"I'm gonna go" I tell my mum.

"Okay. Stay safe"

I met Hunter outside the restroom and he pulled me into a hug and planted a small kiss on my forehead.

***

"That was so messed up" I said as Hunter came and sat next to me on the soft, white sand.

The waves where crashing into the sand. The sun was setting. The breeze was making my hair fly everywhere.

I didn't even bother to fix my make up. I bet I look like shit right now.

I could feel Hunter staring at me. He helped me tuck a strand of hair behind my ear. I stared back at him and gave him a faint smile. We stayed like this for a few minutes.

"How ya feeling?" He asked.

I rested my head on his left shoulder.

"Sad, angry, confused" I replied.

"Don't be. We'll figure out something else."

I let out a dramatic sigh.

I closed my eyes and drifted off to wonderland. When I opened my eyes again, I was in my room, pale walls, a desk, a dresser, a closet, a bed and Hunter was no longer next to me. I glanced at the clock. It was 11:23pm.

I feel so so so so pissed right now. Why would my mother marry her BESTFRIEND's husband??? Why would she marry my BOYFRIEND's father??? Out of all the people why him? Why does everything has to be ruined when Hunter and I could finally be together? This is so unfair. I sat up and pulled my knees to chest and starting crying. I wanted to called Hunter to come over but he probably has the same issue as me right now and I don't wanna make him stress more.

I called Emily like 4 times but her phone is offed and it'll be awkward telling Mae and Annie about this so I called Ben.

He picked up at the third ring.

"Hello? Lea. Are you okay?" He said.

"Um. Sorry for calling you this late. Is it okay if you come over? I really need someone to talk to right now."

"Yeah, sure. I'll be there in 10" and he hung up.

I need Ben to be here to comfort me right now. I need to talk to him to get this off my chest. I know i know I'm being really dramatic right now but hey what else can I do? What would you do if you and the love of your life are about to become siblings?

A few minutes later I received a message from Ben telling me that he's outside my door.

"Thank you for coming" I said while closing my bedroom door.

"No problem. I'll always be here if you ever need to talk to anyone. So, what's up?" Ben took off his shoes and climbed on my bed. I did the same.

"My mum and Hunter's dad are getting married" I said and laid down on my bed.

"Whoa. So er you and Hunter are gonna become siblings?"

"Hopefully not" I said with a long sigh. "I don't know what I should do right now"

"Try talking to your mum"

"I did. She doesn't have any other choice besides marrying Hunter's dad or we'll go bankrupt"

"Whoa. What happened?" Ben looked at me and widened his eyes.

I told him what happened and then he stayed for another hour and left. He offered to stay with me since my mum wasn't home but I told him that I needed to be alone.

After 2 hours when Ben left, Hunter called me and then we talked the whole night. We talked about school, people, our future. I feel like Hunter's just sitting right next to me. Every time when Hunter's around me, I feel so free and I forget everything's that happening around me.

I have to do or maybe figure something out to stop my mum. I can't let them get married.

-----

Hey hey!!! Sorry for the lattttttttte update (: hehe. Anywaysss hope you like this chapter?

Remember to like/vote/comment!!!!!