Chapter three

School was the same. Emily and I had lunch today with Mae and her best friend, Annie Taylor.

Annie is really smart (she's a straight A student), nice and funny and she's also really really pretty. She's also a cheerleader. She has black hair and caramel skin. Her eyes are the most beautiful thing you'll ever see. It's green-brownish, sometimes, it turns blue! Annie is about my height (5ft4).

"I saw Zoe making out with Aaron Robinson at "Megan's diner" two days ago" Annie said (yeah she's also a gossip queen)

"NO WAY" Mae yelled out with her eyes wide opened.

"I thought she's dating with Hunter?" Emily asked.

"They WERE dating. They broke up yesterday" Annie answered.

Well, ain't this great news! I looked around the cafeteria and saw Ben looking this way and he smiled when he sawing me looking, I smiled back. Hunter wasn't with him. I was kinda disappointed.

"Wow. So Zoe cheated on Hunter?" Mae asked.

"Yep" Annie said.

Zoe walked pass us with her minions following her.

"Slut" Emily said.

Zoe and her minions turned around.

"Um, what did you just say?" Zoe said and gave us all the look.

"I said slut" Emily said.

This girl ain't afraid of anything.

"Did you just call me slut?" Zoe asked.

"Ye-" Emily was about to say yes but then I covered her mouth with my hand cause I'm pretty sure they'll start a fight and that'll be bad so yeah.

"That's right Lea, you better keep your psycho friend's little mouth shut" Zoe smirked and she did ya know what the girls do in movies when they burn someone, like licking their finger and then putting it together with your friend.

Emily pushed my hand away.

"Oh hell naw. You did not just call me psycho you cheating slut"

Emily got up and pulled Zoe's hair. Zoe did the same and they started insulting each other.

I tried stopping them but then Zoe's minion pushed me away. Everyone was literally surrounding Emily and Zoe.

"STOP FIGHTING" I yelled.

Everyone ignored me.

James came and pushed through the crowd and carried Emily away.

The vice principle came and asked what happened.

I was waiting for Emily outside the vice principle's office. Emily walked out with a sad face.

"What happened?" I asked her.

"I have Saturday detention for the next three weeks" she pouted.

"Whaaaa. So we don't get to hangout...FOR THREE WEEKS?"

"Sadly, yes"

Emily and I rode our bikes home together.

***

It was Saturday morning, I texted Mae and Annie if they wanted to hang out but they said that they couldn't cause they dance practice today. Sucks.

I went down stairs and I could smell bacon coming out of the kitchen.

"Morning sweetie" my mum said.

"Morning" I said.

I got the orange juice out from the fridge and poured it in two glasses. My mum made bacon sandwiches and she set it up nicely in two dishes.