Chapter thirty one

*DAN'S POV*

'5minutes left' I think to myself as I pace back and forth in my room. Lea was in the bathroom getting ready. I decided to ask her to get dressed at my place because it would be a bit awkward for us to be formally dressed walking around campus.
*Knock knock*

"B.. Dan?" It was Lea

I took big steps until I reached my door.

She looked absolutely stunning in her long red dress.

"Oh, nice bow tie" she broke the silence.

"Ahah. Thank you. You look amazing" I reply.

"Can I come inside or are we going to head out now?"

"We can go out now if you want"

"Oh, let's go then"

I lead her downstairs and past the living room area.

"Where is everyone?" she asked.

"Mum had to go early to organize the party with the two young ones. And dad is on a business trip"

"Ohh."

A taxi was waiting outside and I opened the door for her but she walked to the other side of the vehicle and got in. Awkward. Kinda embarrassing.

The ride didnt take too long and I couldn't help but sneak peeks at Lea.

We arrived at the entrance and before I could even get off to open the door for her she did it herself again.

"Lets go meet with my mum. I need to let her know that I'm here"

I reached for her hand and she let me hold it. There was a handful of ladies at this party but then again, its a party for the Women's Right Association. I had random old women come up to me to pinch my cheeks and tell me that I've grown.

After 5 minutes I finally found mum.

"Ahhh. There's my big boy! Aw! You're so handsome" mum says at the top of her voice.

"Mum.. This is my date Lea"

"Oh hello dear" says mum.

"Oh um. Hello Mrs. Webb"

"Please just call me Aunt Mavis"

At that moment my grandma walked towards me with open arms.

"Oh my danny boy! You're always so busy with school I hardly see you"

Several kisses later she pulls me to go dance with her. My mum and Lea sat at a table and it seemed like they were having a heart to heart conversation. They took a few glanced at me and Lea nodded. She smiled as well which melted my heart.

"You have such a beautiful girlfriend" my grandma said.

Girlfriend? What a weird word. Is Lea really my girlfriend?

"Yes she is." I said proudly.

"She seems very lovely too"

I looked over at Lea and she was sitting alone.

"Someone's waiting for you" my grandma winked and she left me and went to dance with other people.

I walked over to Lea and bowed.

"Care for a dance mi lady?" I asked cheekily.

"I would love to but I don't know how to dance" She said shyly.

"Oh come on, I don't know how to dance too, we can be fools together" I pulled her to the dance floor and we started swaying with the rhythm of the music. She stood on my feet a few times, I have to admit, it does hurt but I can't look sissy in front of my girl so I just kept pretending everything was fine. She looks so beautiful without even trying. I looked straight into her deep brown eyes and knew that I was in love.