Chapter twenty nine

*DANS POV*

I was getting ready for the competition. Damn it, where's Lea? Is she even coming. I was feeling a bit anxious.

"Get ready Daniel, you're next" shouted my coach.

I put on my swimming cap and goggles and did a bit of warming up. I looked around to see if Lea was here but she's no where to be seen. I got up the swimming block and positioned myself. I pushed Lea's thought out of my head and concentrated on this competition. I dived into the water as soon as I heard the whistle. People were cheering for me and I swam as fast as I could. I climbed out of the pool when I reached the end and Eugene threw me a towel.

"Good job, second place" Eugene said.

"Have you seen Lea?" I asked.

"No" he replied coolly.

Shit, did something happen to her? I rushed to the men's room and put on my clothes. I ran to Lea's dorm, I was about to knock and then I heard her saying something.

"Ugh Em, I don't know what to do. I don't even have feelings for him." It was Lea talking to someone.

A pause. She's on her phone?

"I can't just tell him like that. It'll hurt him"

Him? Who's him? Me?

Another pause.

"Dan's really sweet and all but, I just don't feel anything for him. He's like a friend..that's all"

Fuck.

I knocked. A few seconds later the door opened.

"Dan" she seems surprised. "Wha-what are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be at the competition?"

"I came to see if you were okay" and then I remembered that I'm supposed to be angry with her so I quickly added "and then I heard you talking to your friend on the phone"

"Dan I- I " she stuttered.

I held up a hand "I think we should break up. Well, what's the point of dating if you don't even like me?"

She looks relaxed. "I'm so sorry Ben. I mean Dan..Dan"

"Who's Ben?"

"Doesn't matter" She says and added "Anyways, I'm so happy that you understand Dan, we can be friends?"

"No, I don't want to be friends. I'm gonna prove to you everyday that I'm worth it. I don't want you to pity me."

"Dan..please...stop."

I walked away, ignoring her, why the hell did I just say that. Fuck, I'm so fucking stupid. Should I go back to her and say sorry or? I was heading straight to my dorm and then my phone started ringing.

"You know you still have another lap and it's starting now right?" Eugene said through the phone.

"Fuck, right, I forgot. I'm coming now" I hung up and ran to the pool. Luckily the pool was close by so it only took me a minute or two to reach there.

The competition ended really quickly. That evening, Eugene and I went to the pub to get a few drinks and also to clear my mind. A few girls came and tried to hit on me. To be honest, if they did that to me a few weeks ago, I wouldn't tell them to go away. God damn it. Lea Lea Lea. Get out of my head. Getting drunk actually makes me think about her more. I need some fresh air. I walk outside to take a breath of fresh air. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket.

"Hello darling" my mother's voice said through the phone.

"Hi mum"

"Are you still coming to the charity party with me tomorrow?"

Oh shit. I forgot about it.

"Oh yes. Of course." I replied.

"Remember, it's at 7pm tomorrow."

"Yes yes, I'll remember"

"Where are you? It's very loud?"

"Oh uh, I'm watching a movie. I have to go bye mum. Love you"

"Ok, remember to wear warm clothes. It's getting cold. Love you too"

I drove back to the dorm thinking if I should apologize to Lea. But I did nothing wrong right? Hell, I miss her already.