Chapter thirty seven

*LEAS POV*

•three months before the wedding•

"I haven't gotten my period yet, Kendra"

"Haha. It's just late don't worry about it!"

"Yeah, but anyways. This one looks nice don't you think?" I said as I was pointing at one of the wedding cakes in a magazine.

"Ugh. Too traditional. Why not go with something more interesting?"

*phone rings*

"Yes honey?" I said to Dan.

"I just picked your mum and little sister up from the airport. On my way to the restaurant"

"Oh I'll get ready then. Tell them that i said hi"

"Will do babe. See you soon"

"You have to go now?" Kendra said as she flipped through the pages.

"Yup but I er" I started to feel nauseous and ran straight to the bathroom.

I was gagging and Kendra ran towards me and started patting my back slowly.

"Let it all out" she said as she starts to slowly stroke my back.

I vomited. It must have been the Mexican food I had earlier. I opened the tap and let the vomit go down the sink hole and then wiped the sides of my mouth.

"Aww. Are you sure you still want to go for the dinner?"

"Yes yes. I'm fine now. No worries"

"It's seven o'clock now. I have a date. Are you sure you'll be okay? I can cancel" she said.

"No no no. Please don't. I'm one hundred percent fine. Now go. I have to get dressed anyways"

I walked her to the door and gave her a goodbye hug. As soon as the door shut, I quickly showered and dressed up. Then I headed to the restaurant.

***

"Oh. My Lea" mum said as she embraced me.

"Mum. I missed you"

A small hand was tugging my dress.

"Hey you! Come here" I flinged my arms open to hug her. "Hello Lauren"

"hi big sister, Lea. The flight was scary and I didn't get to eat anything except for crackers because food there is yucky"

"Aww. Let's get you something nice to fill that little tummy of yours then"

We ordered a couple of drinks first and Lauren's meal.

"I guess we should order now. Mum? What are you having?" Asked Dan.

"I want the lamb shanks" she replied.

"Oh! That reminds me! Lea! I was reading an article on the plane where this girl lost her leg from using a certain brand of tampon. You have to be careful!"

"Mum, we're in a restaurant. Plus, I haven't gotten it yet"

"What?" Dan said and his eyes were wide open.

"Yeah. No biggie"

"How late is it?" Asked mum.

"Err.. Almost 4 weeks"

"You should go get checked tomorrow. You never know you might develop some kind of sickness" mum's eyebrows were furrowed.

"I'll take you to the doctors. We have to see what's wrong" said Dan.

Dinner was eaten, Dan and I drove mum and Lauren to their hotel then we went back to our place.

•next morning•

"Come on, Hun. We better get going. I have a meeting at 10"

I woke up and did the usual. I picked out simple outings and flats then got in the car with Dan.

We got to the doctors 10 minutes later and had to sit at the waiting area for another 5 minutes.

"Lea Atkins" the lady with the nice eyebrows called out my name.

"Let's go" Dan stood up and extended his arm.

The doctor ran a few tests on me and then we had to wait for 15 minutes.
Finally the doctor calls Dan and I in and I sat on the black stool opposite him.

"Ms. Atkins, I have some news for you"

Dan squeezed my hand tightly.

"What is it?" I say nervously.

"You're pregnant"

Wait what

Dan looked at me with wide eyes.

"I'm gonna be a dad!" He exclaimed excitedly and hugged me.